What's new

Some cigars are just epic.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I don't think I have ever had a real Cohiba. I have had several ISOM cigars but only 1 really blew me away and I have no idea what it was because the bands were removed before it was given to me. I do know it was legit and it was the cigar that made me decide to get serious about my cigar smoking. I would love to experience that great cigar again if I could only figure out what it was.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
The night before or big herf me and some close friends had a herf and tryed out some great cigars.......I had my doubt about the Cohiba 1966....this cigar is truly amazing...on of the best ELs.

Some pics from that night

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Only had 1 Cohiba ever, Maduro 5 Genios. Was okay. They are kinda pricey so I don't plan on buying any Cohiba's unless I win the lottery.

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry but I can't read the label. Which Cohiba is that..
That Cohiba is THE EL. No others compare.

I dont share your enthusiasm re the 66 as of yet. What makes you like it? I will submit that the tobacco is excellent, however still cannot decided if this will develop well. It is already so subtle and refined.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Only had 1 Cohiba ever, Maduro 5 Genios. Was okay. They are kinda pricey so I don't plan on buying any Cohiba's unless I win the lottery.
Honestly, the Maduro5 line is just too different from the rest of the Cohiba lines (classic range, and the siglos) to really compare IMO. Not a fan of the maduros myself, but the classics and 1492 lines can be really fantastic.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
That Cohiba is THE EL. No others compare.

I dont share your enthusiasm re the 66 as of yet. What makes you like it? I will submit that the tobacco is excellent, however still cannot decided if this will develop well. It is already so subtle and refined.
It had so much to give, and I felt that in time, when everthing settles this is what a perfect cigar will taste. That said...guys make sure you dont buy them so the price drops...I need to put away a couple of boxes of these :stretchgr

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
The night before or big herf me and some close friends had a herf and tryed out some great cigars.......I had my doubt about the Cohiba 1966....this cigar is truly amazing...on of the best ELs.

Which RyJ LE is that? Recently had a Romeo y Julieta Hermosos Limited Edicion (2004) that was sublime!

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
nice pics. I had a 2001 Monte Esp 1 the other day that should be in this thread, but I did not take a photo.

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Honestly, the Maduro5 line is just too different from the rest of the Cohiba lines (classic range, and the siglos) to really compare IMO. Not a fan of the maduros myself, but the classics and 1492 lines can be really fantastic.
I looooove the 07 Genios right now (is the maduro5 not the same, then I apologize). Having a hard time not smoking it. I think it shares a LOT of characteristics with the 1966 to be honest with you. It's so gentle, has that fresh bread taste, and the smoke is very cool. Anyone else see that, or is that just me? if you gave me a Magicos, I wouldn't be able to distinguish it from the 1966 right now.

It had so much to give, and I felt that in time, when everthing settles this is what a perfect cigar will taste. That said...guys make sure you dont buy them so the price drops...I need to put away a couple of boxes of these :stretchgr
Man, I don't see the room for improvement. Maybe that's why I had a hard time with Rob's deal last week. It's almost TOO good right now. I mean, it's like, pure flavor right? And it's refined...perfect...I just wanted to hate on it. What else can it turn into? Am I crazy? :eyequiver

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
RA898- love the 02s. 01s to me kinda blah. Knowing the infamous Cuban quality control, perhaps I just got a bad box. My 01s were quite bland.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I looooove the 07 Genios right now (is the maduro5 not the same, then I apologize). Having a hard time not smoking it. I think it shares a LOT of characteristics with the 1966 to be honest with you. It's so gentle, has that fresh bread taste, and the smoke is very cool. Anyone else see that, or is that just me? if you gave me a Magicos, I wouldn't be able to distinguish it from the 1966 right now.

Man, I don't see the room for improvement. Maybe that's why I had a hard time with Rob's deal last week. It's almost TOO good right now. I mean, it's like, pure flavor right? And it's refined...perfect...I just wanted to hate on it. What else can it turn into? Am I crazy? :eyequiver
Well the cigars from our box was all bitter in the end, I can see that getting much better but I have had the experience with the TRT that you had with this stick. I just dont see how that cigar could get any better when I had the one that I wrote a thread about.