What's new

Some Videos of Joplin

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
In case some of you all haven't seen them, I wanted to post a couple of videos. The first one is just sickening. It's very difficult for me to watch, and for some down here, they could never watch it. Some scenes at the end are very close to Dan's house, and in the beginning chase scenes, when they are watching the tornado make the turn into Joplin (about the 1:30 mark), it's literally looming over my neighborhood. I still don't know how we came out so lucky, in our house, and neighborhood. It still almost makes me feel guilty, or something...

In the second video, it starts off showing the grim reality of life after the tornado, but with the song, and images, the guy who put it together really builds into a hope-inspiring story of resiliency... (By the way, there are scenes of Obama in the second video... I did not put this thread in the debate forum, so, please don't turn this into politics... it's not the point.)

[YOUTUBE]EfdK6H9d6J0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]nXjiWaQBXjs[/YOUTUBE]

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Frank, first of all I'm glad you are ok and getting back on your feet.

Strange you should post this tonight - I just sent an email tonight to my friend Judd who lives in Joplin to see how he was doing. He said you all are doing amazing stuff down there given what happened, then asked when I was going to do another box split with him! A sure sign things are getting better. :)

Here is his brother's house:

Thanks for posting this. Very hard to watch, but we don't want to forget about these things.