What's new

Someone please market a real active humidification system that is practical!

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I agree I live in one of the dryest climates in AZ. I am in my humidor everyday with no issues. Last year when I went to Hawaii for a week I still had no issues. I do not know what you meant by put Oasis out their misery. My unit has been flawless compared to my Humi Care. Try the Magna I believe you would be satisfied by its performace.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
1) I think you are not really engaged in this conversation. Good brothers are giving you advice or pitching alternatives for you, and you are just knocking them down without any real consideration for their suggestions.

2) If you can't leave your wine fridge alone with passive humidification for more than "weeks at a time" then maybe you are doing something wrong. I took 1.5 months off from smoking, and left my wine fridge alone. When i came back, it was still at 65%. All it took was a cup of distilled water and a bag of bovedas (and I live in a dry climate, just like you).
I don't think it's accurate at all that I'm knocking anyone down, let alone not listening to advice -- it's why I am here, after all! Some things just won't work for me is all.

As to point #2, I have not yet set up my wineador. Still taking suggestions.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Once you do, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how little you have to do to maintain RH. You'll be dealing with a sealed environment, where a traditional humi is constantly "breathing"
You will NOT need active humidification, but may choose to do it for peace of mind.

Last edited:

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
don't disagree with you, but it is a kinda narrow market. cigar smokers, then cigar smokers who keep a stash, then cigar smokers who keep a stash large enough to need active humidification, cigar smokers with actively-humidified stashes who know enough to want more than is readily available. hell, i myself don't even fit in this demographic.

(i got one of ara's old desktops)
Still on my first 4 count travel humi. Would love to move up to a desktop one day.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
As others have said, if you are using a wineador, just throw a bunch of beads in there and you will be totally fine for months. As rainy as it is in Seattle, there is very low humidity. When I had a couple wineadors, I could go 4-6 months without spraying my beads, and that was when it was low humidity in my house. Once you get it stabilized after purchase, you are set.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
1) I think you are not really engaged in this conversation. Good brothers are giving you advice or pitching alternatives for you, and you are just knocking them down without any real consideration for their suggestions.

2) If you can't leave your wine fridge alone with passive humidification for more than "weeks at a time" then maybe you are doing something wrong. I took 1.5 months off from smoking, and left my wine fridge alone. When i came back, it was still at 65%. All it took was a cup of distilled water and a bag of bovedas (and I live in a dry climate, just like you).
I don't think it's accurate at all that I'm knocking anyone down, let alone not listening to advice -- it's why I am here, after all! Some things just won't work for me is all.

While not explicitly perpendicular, can you see the conflict in these two statements?

If you know what works for you then you have no need to solicit advise, yet you say you are taking suggestions, but poo-poo most of what we tell you because you know "what works for you." Then to add a layer of complexity, you claim to know what works for you but haven't even set up your wine fridge.

Like Aloha, cgraunke, BestR and everyone else on this thread has said:

Set up your fridge and get ready to be amazed. Once the thing levels out, you should be fine for extended periods of time.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I built a good sized cabinet out of an old TV cabinet. It is all in the seal. Holds 200 to 300 boxes. Accumonitor system. Four reservoirs plus four extra fans. Add water every four months. Really cant get any better than that

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
I built a good sized cabinet out of an old TV cabinet. It is all in the seal. Holds 200 to 300 boxes. Accumonitor system. Four reservoirs plus four extra fans. Add water every four months. Really cant get any better than that
what he said!