What's new

Sons of Anarchy

usmcpurcell

Dutch
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
So I must admit this is my man opera but this season is intense almost over the top but still a great show I used to be a member of a non outlaw MC the show makes me miss it. :rifleaim:

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
what season is this? 4 or 5? i have 1.2.&3 and am curious to see how many more i need to get.

usmcpurcell

Dutch
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well season 5 it is! That was the most intense seaon finale yet. I just hate they always leave you with a huge cliffhanger. Any of you guys catch it?

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
Well season 5 it is! That was the most intense seaon finale yet. I just hate they always leave you with a huge cliffhanger. Any of you guys catch it?
Beg to differ, It was a lame ending. They did leave it wide open for another good season next year, but that is what you get when you film a show in such a short time. Last weeks show was suppose to be the season finale.

FYI... Season 4 was the end of the contract but got resigned. This finale show was just filmed a month or so ago because this was suppose to be the end of SOA. But when 6+ million viewers weekly they can not end it now. I am sure they will continue to draw in large number of viewers to continue filming for a while

CbusDave

CRA Member #198179
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Beg to differ, It was a lame ending. They did leave it wide open for another good season next year, but that is what you get when you film a show in such a short time.

FYI... this finale show was just filmed a month or so ago because this was suppose to be the end of SOA. But when 6+ million viewers weekly they can not end it now.
The plan is for 7 seasons, and Season 5 got the greenlight early in this season. Sutter has referenced the seven season arc since the shows inception.

They just agreed to a 14th episode to capitalize on the ratings they have been pulling in (my understanding is that it was originally going to be a 90 min finale, but was extended for a two parter, with some added stuff filmed to fill up the extra time)

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
Not true. The plan is for 7 seasons, and Season 5 got the greenlight early in this season. They just agreed to a 14th episode to capitalize on the ratings they have been pulling in (it was originally going to be a 90 min finale, but was extended for a two parter)

Thats cool to know about 7 seasons, i watched Kurt Sutters interview which stated he has ideas for the next three seasons but they were only resigned for season 5 via FX. Kurt tweeted (in a rant) a couple months ago that SOA was ending this year then the next week (Monday Oct 17th) they got the season 5 extension

http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/fx-renews-sons-of-anarchy-for-season-5/

http://www.deadline.com/tag/kurt-sutter/

Last edited:

CbusDave

CRA Member #198179
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Right, most cable series seem to only be contracted a season at a time, even big hits (Breaking Bad and Mad Men are good examples). Its funny, Kurt always freaks out but knows damn well the show isn't going anywhere as long as it keeps raking in the ratings.

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
Right, most cable series seem to only be contracted a season at a time, even big hits (Breaking Bad and Mad Men are good examples). Its funny, Kurt always freaks out but knows damn well the show isn't going anywhere as long as it keeps raking in the ratings.

FX Orders Additional Episode Of ‘SOA’
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Monday November 7, 2011 @ 10:28am PSTTags: FX, Kurt Sutter, Nick Grad, Sons of Anarchy
Nellie Andreeva

FX is extending the current fourth season of flagship drama Sons Of Anarchy, the highest-rated yet for the biker series, with a pickup of one additional episode. That will bring the total fourth season order to the Kurt Sutter-created SOA to 14 episodes. The series’ Season 4 finale will now air on December 6. “Creatively, this has been Sons’ best and biggest season ever,” said FX’s EVP original programming Nick Grad. “Kurt asked us to consider adding an extra episode to fully close this current chapter of the Sons saga. By adding the extra episode, it wraps up a magnificent season in extraordinary fashion. This is a real bonus for fans of the series.”
This makes it sound that Nov 7th they ordered another episode (my thought to put the spin for another season) bringing the total to 14 episodes

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Love this show but after reading all this you can see that last nights episode kinda wasnt planned. Last week was way better then this weeks how ever i cant wait for next season, and love this show.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
"Kurt Sutter posted on Twitter that SOA has been signed for three more years."

Yes, what an awesome statement! :thumbsup:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great show, I got to see the cover band live a couple weeks ago along with katel sagal. Glad it got picked up.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but I wasn't watching the show when it was posted.

I finished season 5 on amazon last night. I wanted to quit watching it several times as a lot of stuff was over the top. (oh wow, only 3 people shot point blank this episode? seriously?)

I'm glad I've read it will be 7 seasons. It really needs to end. They came close to it in 5, things were tying up nicely then they ruined it.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had the same feeling. Started out really good and it has just become a little over the top. I actually am a season and a half behind right now. I will eventually get around to finishing it.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but I wasn't watching the show when it was posted.

I finished season 5 on amazon last night. I wanted to quit watching it several times as a lot of stuff was over the top. (oh wow, only 3 people shot point blank this episode? seriously?)

I'm glad I've read it will be 7 seasons. It really needs to end. They came close to it in 5, things were tying up nicely then they ruined it.
Yeah the greed may have kept it going a season or 2 to long. Still one of my favorites !!