What's new

Sour Beer Fans

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
IPA's got me into the craft brew scene, but my palate is expanding and I really enjoy a good sour beer to mix things up.

Cascade Brewing is outstanding but very pricey, and New Belgium has some good stuff.

I'd love to hear some suggestions on what are some of my brother's favorite sours?

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Arrogant bastard is a sour? Thought it was like an English ale? Hrmm, may have to check that out.

Anyways, I'm a fan of Monks cafe. It's a little pricey though. I know of a couple other sours that a local has on occasion but the names elude me atm. Grab anything that is a lambic like the framboise beers. Hrmm, don't think I spelled that right but if you explore youre store you'll find it.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Arrogant Bastard is not a sour.

My favorite is Cigar City's Sea Bass... unfortunately they haven't brewed it in 3 years. lol

My standard is Duchesse de Bourgogne and Rodenbach Gran Cru.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Lindemans framboise lambic ...yeah none of the bastards are sour. I don't think stone makes a sour but ruination is one of my favorite ipa's (and ipa''s are typically bitter not sour.) and they have been one of my favorite breweries for years

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I've never had a Monk's Cafe, so I'll keep my eyes peeled. I guess the high prices just come with the long process involved. Lambics are refreshing and tasty.

I forgot about the Dutches! One of my favorites--not too overpoweringly sour.
Never had the Rodenbach--though I've enjoyed Gran Cru from others.

Thanks for the tips

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Lindemans framboise lambic ...yeah none of the bastards are sour. I don't think stone makes a sour but ruination is one of my favorite ipa's (and ipa''s are typically bitter not sour.) and they have been one of my favorite breweries for years
Yup was thinking bitter. Always game to try something new though. I'll look some of these up. And let you guys know what I think lol

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Yup was thinking bitter. Always game to try something new though. I'll look some of these up. And let you guys know what I think lol

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
Good luck "Armenian 'taken' voice"

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Ellersick Brewing Dark Sour ale in a Party Pig. These pigs are great, as they keep beer fresh for up to 30days--I've yet to make it that long. It holds something like 18 pints.

File's too big to upload picture--I'll figure this comp. thing out one day :)

KGD

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I forget what it's called at the moment, but Karl Strauss has a good seasonal beer that comes out in the fall which they compare to the "warheads" candy and it's one of my favorite beers.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'm writing these down, too many to remember. ty
Jolly pumpkin fan...The only beer that they made that I was not a fan of was their siason...Baudelaire iirc. But great beers all around IMO
SourPatch, SweetTarts, Nerds, and WarHeads were some of my favorites growing up, I will find this mystery sour you write of :hearteyes
I forget what it's called at the moment, but Karl Strauss has a good seasonal beer that comes out in the fall which they compare to the "warheads" candy and it's one of my favorite beers.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Russian River's Supplication is friggin awesome! Lost Abbey Red Poppy Ale is pretty damn good as well. Supplication scored a 100 on BA and Poppy scored a 95. They are both a must try IMO.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Jester King has a couple though I've not had the pleasure. There's Russian River. Allagash makes some pretty damn good sours now. There's the Leifman's beers from Belgium. For an easy to get and readily available lambic/gueuze I like Lindemans Cuvee Renee (not sweet at all). Then the other Belgians like Hanssens Artisinal, 3 Fontenin, Tilquin, Oud Beersel, Mort Subite, and Cantillion. Some are easier/harder to find and some put out sweetened lambics with a rarely seen standard lambic product. The classic Rodenbach Gran Cru is tough to beat for price especially when compared to state side craft brewery offerings. You can buy a 750ml bottle of Rodenbach Vintage for the price of many US produced sours in 375ml bottles. Jolly Pumpkin is usually pretty affordable and has a good selection. Ithaca Brewing out of NY also makes sours or at least used to. I almost forgot about The Bruery but they can also be just as spendy as Cascade bottles.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Eric's Ale from New Belgium is the only NB beer that I can hang with. The rest all taste like variations of Fat Tire...

Baccus (Brouwerij Van Honsebrouck)
St. Louis Gueuze Fond Tradition
Boon Oude Geuze Mariage Parfait
Russian River Sanctification

These are some of my favorite sours.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Russian River's Supplication is friggin awesome! Lost Abbey Red Poppy Ale is pretty damn good as well. Supplication scored a 100 on BA and Poppy scored a 95. They are both a must try IMO.
I have to second the RR Supplication. It is fantastic...one of my favorites for sure. It's a brown ale made with Brett and aged in pinot noir barrels with sour cherries. I'm going to have to get my California buddies to send me some bottles now just thinking about it :)

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Russian River for sure.
The Bruery has some great sours.
Cascade of course.
Searching out Belgian style beers like Flemmish reds will hit the sour/tart note.