What's new

Sour taste in mouth since started smoking cigars

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to the forum. I started picking up cigar smoking about a month ago. I really enjoy it. I brush my teeth and rinse my mouth out with listerine daily. However, I have noticed recently that I have what seems to be a constant sourness, a sour taste, in my mouth. More pronounced in the morning when I wake up and occasionally through the course of the day. The only thing I have done different is started smoking cigars. Wondered if anybody else has had this and what can be done about it? Thanks for your help

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So you brush before going to bed also? I use a mixture of baking soda and coconut oil to brush and rinse followed by a bit of mouth wash. Don't seem to have a problem. Sour is not a taste I associate with the cigars I smoke, so next question is what do you smoke and what do you drink with it?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mostly smoking Fuente and Padron. A few other ones but those are the majority. Usually drinking coffee with cream and sugar or occasionally a glass of wine.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Mostly smoking Fuente and Padron. A few other ones but those are the majority. Usually drinking coffee with cream and sugar or occasionally a glass of wine.
Could be the coffee and wine as both are very acidic. Still odd since you brush regularly and use mouthwash.
Try brushing your tongue also when you brush your teeth if you don't already. It may help

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think you should try the baking soda after smoking, If you don't want to brush with it use a bit in a cup of water as a rinse. Coffee is a favorite with many smokers, wine maybe not as much. I drink a lot of wine but not with cigars so don't know if that is it.

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
It's an acquired taste takes some getting used to. The sour taste I attribute to the tobacco oils you are not used to having in Your mouth. Hopefully you arent smoking like 4 cigars a day. You know how hard it is to get oil off surfaces. My advice eat some spaghetti and drink some orange juice before you brush your teeth see if it changes. Totally not kidding have spaghetti for dinner smoke your cigar drink some orange juice then brush your teeth. I agree with boudie about the baking soda as a neutralizer but the oil is what needs to go