What's new

Spanish Cedar HELP

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
This is a continuation from my last thread, here is my next delema. How does someone get their hands on lenghts of cedar for lining a coolidor? I can't seem to find anywhere in my area, and nothing much online either. So if anyone has any ideas please let me know, I could really use the help.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Well this is were I bought mine just the other day..look towards the bottom they have several lots to choose from with different lengths, but I went with the second from the last package Lot #4 that has almost 9 Sq. ft of spanish cedar, not all perfect but for a coolador I figure it would work.

And for under $30 to cover my coolador... how can you go wrong!

http://www.thewoodbox.com/exoticwoods/spanish-cedar.htm

eyetek

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Here's another, but there are several available. Check the thickness on any stock that you are buying. 3/4"+ can be re-sawn to 3/8-1/4" thickness without any problem, but only if you have access to a good bandsaw and know how to use it. There might be local millwork shops that either carry spanish cedar or can order it for you. Many times you will be able to get wider stock when you're dealing with a person rather than tele/internet. JMO though.

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=680

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
You really don't have to line it. Just load it up with cigar boxes, even if they are empty

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I have ripped off dress box tops to place on the sides of mine (look pretty too). Works to add the cedar smell and helps keep RH more steady as well. Empty cabs are even better to eat up extra dead space and they have a higher cedar wood content then the dress boxes. Extra slivers of the cedar from dress boxes do the trick as well.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I started to line the sides then gave up. I just use cedar boxes. No fuss no muss.