What's new

Speaker stands

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I’m looking to raise my JBL L65 Jubals off of the floor and wondering if any of you have elevated floor standing speakers?

If you have, then:

What speakers do you have?

How high did you raise them? Are you satisfied with the height or do you wish it was lower / higher?

Did you make the stands or buy them? Any tips if you built them? If you bought, where did you get them from?

Any other suggestions / recommendations highly appreciated.

TIA.

Edit: I looked on Amazon and couldn’t find a stand big or high enough. I need, at minimum, a platform that’s 13” x 11” with a larger base to minimize the chances of tipping over.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have Altec Model 17’s and bought 4 large rubber door stops and put 2 under the front of each cabinet to direct them towards my head in my listening chair. Much simpler than building stands and it made a very noticeable difference.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have Altec Model 17’s and bought 4 large rubber door stops and put 2 under the front of each cabinet to direct them towards my head in my listening chair. Much simpler than building stands and it made a very noticeable difference.
Big boys!

Thanks for the suggestion. Next time I’m in a hardware store I’ll check for large door stops. Obviously much cheaper than buying stands!

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I use my home theater system for music so I have the front speakers set at ear height while sitting down. When I'm standing up it doesn't sound as good but I' don't want to move my speakers up and down on the shelf everyday, so I'm stuck. Good enough for me either way. It's 7.2 surround sound. My first time with 2 subs and I really like it. One is ported and the other a non ported 1200w powered sub. Needless to say movie night is a big hit around here.;)(y)
I'd love to see photos of your sound system @Palama !!!

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Very nice speakers! There are some on Etsy that are 11”.

https://etsy.me/3HIdxGm
Looks like the same seller also has some that are 15”. I’ve made some similar to these, years ago, but with a wider base. They were a gift, and I don’t have the plans any longer. Maybe these on Etsy will work?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I use my home theater system for music so I have the front speakers set at ear height while sitting down. When I'm standing up it doesn't sound as good but I' don't want to move my speakers up and down on the shelf everyday, so I'm stuck. Good enough for me either way. It's 7.2 surround sound. My first time with 2 subs and I really like it. One is ported and the other a non ported 1200w powered sub. Needless to say movie night is a big hit around here.;)(y)
I'd love to see photos of your sound system @Palama !!!
Matt - the pics ain't much just the speakers. Once I take control of the room, that is, no more granddaughter toys and stuff, I'm gonna re-paint the room and then bring back my rack. Also have to move a dresser that, for the moment, is where the receiver and CD players sit. Oh, and also bring back my CDs and the racks. The room will fill up quickly. The speaker pics are here:

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Small update.

I haven’t had a chance to get some door stops so used some furniture sliders to tilt the speakers back and with the tweeters firing upwards towards my ears, they sound great. The sliders are only about 3/4” high so not a big angle but enough to make a difference.

Thanks again.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Small update.

I haven’t had a chance to get some door stops so used some furniture sliders to tilt the speakers back and with the tweeters firing upwards towards my ears, they sound great. The sliders are only about 3/4” high so not a big angle but enough to make a difference.

Thanks again.
I’m glad you found a simple solution. It doesn’t take much to get them directed at ear level and the difference is significant.