What's new

Special Cigar for a Special Occasion

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
What do you guys like to grab for that "special occasion stick"?

I have a small list of "special cigars", but the BIG occasions always seem to come back to this bad boy... The Padrón Serie 1926 80 Years.
I've only smoked a few of them over the years, but it was always for something significant...Just enjoyed one this weekend and it was amazing as always.

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing...moderation is for cowards

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
1. Thank you for your services and congrats!
2. I typically reach for the fancy cigars for special occasions. To me, that's a padron, homeroll, or casa fuente.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys like to grab for that "special occasion stick"?

I have a small list of "special cigars", but the BIG occasions always seem to come back to this bad boy... The Padrón Serie 1926 80 Years.
I've only smoked a few of them over the years, but it was always for something significant...Just enjoyed one this weekend and it was amazing as always.

You know, it’s funny you should ask this as I was just thinking about not too long ago. Last week, I made the promotion list for what’s likely to be my retirement rank. I went out and bought a Padron 1926 maduro that afternoon, but by the time the evening came around I decided that it wasn’t what I was craving.

Oddly enough, I chose to celebrate with a “cheap” and simple little Illusione Rothchildes. For some reason, I was craving that specific flavor.

I ended up giving the Padron to a buddy of mine on game day as we’d decided to smoke it up before heading in to the stadium. He’d never had one, and he thoroughly enjoyed it. It’s a fine smoke to be sure.

Congrats on your well earned retirement. I have 4 years before I’m eligible to retire, but I’ll likely do another 5-10. Thanks for giving so much of your life to Big Blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Congrats on your well earned retirement. I have 4 years before I’m eligible to retire, but I’ll likely do another 5-10. Thanks for giving so much of your life to Big Blue.
23 years was enough for me. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change a thing and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat if given the chance, but it was time for me to turn the page.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
23 years was enough for me. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change a thing and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat if given the chance, but it was time for me to turn the page.

Man I get it. Some of the best memories in my life I owe to the USAF and the people I’ve flown with. That being said, it makes you a special kind of tired. I won’t have a single regret when I turn the page. You won’t either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Congrats on retiring and thank you for your service!
I've been wondering about which cigar to smoke on special occasions too...I may have to try your recommendation in the near future.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Congrats from a fellow MSgt, USAF (Ret)! February 1st will mark the 20th anniversary of my retirement after 20 years, 7 months, and 4 days. Where does the time go?

A nice choice of stick, indeed.