What's new

Speed

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I bet you've been waiting awhile for that one. I feel you because I live in the country. When we finally received DSL it was like Christmas.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
16 years. Went from dial-up to hotspots which averaged about 1 mbps down. The FIOS was installed today.

Interesting enough, I get about half the speed on my wireless devices....about 24 mbps down. I don't know if I should mess with the router settings or if I am just splitting hairs when getting that speed.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
16 years. Went from dial-up to hotspots which averaged about 1 mbps down. The FIOS was installed today.

Interesting enough, I get about half the speed on my wireless devices....about 24 mbps down. I don't know if I should mess with the router settings or if I am just splitting hairs when getting that speed.
On a mobile/wireless device you'll never see the max speed. If you have a wired device and run speed test it will be way faster. In most cases it not worth the hassle unless you download a shit ton of things from the net. But give it and try and post a side by side. FYI FiOS was the best damn internet I had.