What's new

Sponsored Retailer Here or Not... This is Ridiculous. JV13?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
I know some cigar manufacturers have contracts preventing retailers from lowering their prices too low, but I don't believe there is any policy mandating retailers can't charge more than MSRP. Cigar King is free to chars higher prices, doesn't mean you have to buy them. I know the Jason is extremely limited, but not being able to buy a box from a store isn't the end of the world. If I can't add it to my humidor it's not that big of deal. There's a lot of different cigars that LE that you can get your hands on. If they charge too much than people won't buy it, and they'll be forced to lower their prices. Retailers need to find ways to make money as ultimately that is why they're in business. It's not worth getting upset about, or making a fuss with Pete.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Sponsor should adhere to some of our standards here.

specifically - Selling over MSRP -

Quote, "Additionally, if the admins feel or shown proof that you are grossly profiting then you will lose access indefinitely"

Just Sayin

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Just as an observation, it seems this auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TATUAJE-JASON-DRESS-BOX-JV13-MONSTER-6-2013-1-NON-DRESS-BOX-LIGHTER-/181241995413?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a32dd6095

Is actually for the Dress box, non dress box AND the Dupont Lighter, not $1000 for just the Dress box.
I
You are missing the point, it's still over MSRP and gouging. This vendor will not get my business ever.

And Brent, I believe you are right that Pete has that agreement with the vendors, but I'm not 100% positive

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Again, I don't support gouging, and love being a BOTL, but they have no obligation to sell their product at a certain price just because we love this hobby more than they do.
I'd be shocked if somewhere in their vendor agreement with Tatuaje there isn't a clause against this. Otherwise why would any of the 'Unlucky 13' sell boxes to their customers instead of stuffing them on ebay for 3x retail?
I was speaking of cigars in general. I wouldn't be surprised if Pete did have a clause. Although, a lot of retailers buy hard to find cigars from sources other than their rep's and in that case, they can charge whatever they want. For example, I've been to a shop that didn't have a Liga account and they had a box of Feral Pigs in their humidor and he wanted $80 a stick.

d-boy

Zach Emerson DeBoy
Rating - 100%
80   0   0

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Just as an observation, it seems this auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TATUAJE-JASON-DRESS-BOX-JV13-MONSTER-6-2013-1-NON-DRESS-BOX-LIGHTER-/181241995413?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a32dd6095

Is actually for the Dress box, non dress box AND the Dupont Lighter, not $1000 for just the Dress box.
Yes it is but do you think that makes it okay?
Did I say it did?

I was just pointing it out, since the original thread made it sound like the auction on ebay was ONLY for a Dress box for that price, and that is incorrect if you actually read the auction, nothing more.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
You know what upsets me?!!! I know there's people that WANT these bad for their collection. And some of them are GREAT BOTL's. That's just 1 less out of the 666 to miss out on. I'm on the hunt for one, and the best part is it's not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Speedbump

BoM June '10
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Most of the local guys here in AZ, myself included, could tell you things about Mitch and Cigar King that make this Ebay thing seem small. i have personally not been there in almost 2 years and won't ever go back. I don't feel the need to discuss these topics. At the end of the day the retailer does what he wants and he still sells a ton of cigars. I do not support them and you can decide for yourselves if you wish have dealings with them.

Mike
This says a lot if a local guy whom is respected here is done that should say a lot !

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
The retailers can sell for whatever they want, the consumer doesnt have to buy it. The consumer does have a right to voice their opinion whether it be positive or negative. The retailers just need to remember that word of mouth is one of the best forms of advertising. In this case the retailer is selling well over MSRP and pissing off consumers who are voicing their opinions. In the end neither is wrong, but who is going to lose? Not the consumer who passes on the outrageous price. Keep looking elsewhere and most likely you will find it for less than that.
Who knows, maybe you can enter "BOTL" somewhere and they will knock off 10% since they are a site sponsor. Haha.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
You guys do realize this isnt happening on botl, right? The whole lynch mob, report on eBay thing, is pretty fucking douchey. It's a crappy move on their part. Add them to your "don't buy from this dickbag" list, and move on. Holy fuck, I can't believe how personally some of you are taking this.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Most of the local guys here in AZ, myself included, could tell you things about Mitch and Cigar King that make this Ebay thing seem small. i have personally not been there in almost 2 years and won't ever go back. I don't feel the need to discuss these topics. At the end of the day the retailer does what he wants and he still sells a ton of cigars. I do not support them and you can decide for yourselves if you wish have dealings with them.

Mike
This says a lot if a local guy whom is respected here is done that should say a lot !
Right on. I went too Cigar King ONCE when I was home on leave. Never went back out of choice. There are a lot of other great B&Ms in the area and a hell of a lot better sponsors on this site.

Didn't know Brandon left. Interesting.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Totally off topic but Yeah I met up with Brandon a couple weeks ago when I first went out to AZ to start the paperwork on my new place. He is a Nat Sherman rep now. Which is really awesome. Hes a good guy. Definitely make my first B&M experience in AZ a good time.

-Britt

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I edited the erroneous part of the title as noted by several members. I'm also closing this as it's run it's course (if Cigar King wishes to respond I'll gladly re-open it for them to do so).

Status
Not open for further replies.