What's new

Spots

joshrich

4 strings and 9 fingers
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, my Dad gave me this cigar when he came back from a cruise, but its got these spots on it. Is this normal? Safe? Trash it? Smoke it?

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
I say smoke it....if it tastes funky trash it....if not, enjoy it...

White spots are possibly a problem...mold...

also, PM sent back reg sale...

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Light it up what are you waiting for. Let us know if it makes you sick though..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd smoke it.

Then again, I once licked a piece of raw chicken to prove that salmonella isn't the killer that everyone thinks it is.

P.S. I lived.........

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Some green spots on cuban cigars are normal.
Yes, but even with the bad picture quality, the cigar looks strange. It would be nice if we could get a better picture to help you out more

From my recollection, water spots on a cigar are greenish, but they are usually more blotchy, the spots on your cigar are much smaller, and there seem to be a lot of them. Water spots on cigars are pretty common with CC's. I've also seen light spots on wrappers quite often, just an imperfection of the wrapper. You would probably be able to tell if it was mold. Mold and plume of course would be on top of the wrapper, not part of it. An aged cigar will often times have a mottle color all over the wrapper, but it generally doesn't look like spots. Your cigar doesn't seem to fall into any of these categories.

A better picture would be a help. Whatever the cause, I don't think you have anything to worry about if you smoke it.

joshrich

4 strings and 9 fingers
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, but even with the bad picture quality, the cigar looks strange. It would be nice if we could get a better picture to help you out more

From my recollection, water spots on a cigar are greenish, but they are usually more blotchy, the spots on your cigar are much smaller, and there seem to be a lot of them. Water spots on cigars are pretty common with CC's. I've also seen light spots on wrappers quite often, just an imperfection of the wrapper. You would probably be able to tell if it was mold. Mold and plume of course would be on top of the wrapper, not part of it. An aged cigar will often times have a mottle color all over the wrapper, but it generally doesn't look like spots. Your cigar doesn't seem to fall into any of these categories.

A better picture would be a help. Whatever the cause, I don't think you have anything to worry about if you smoke it.
I just tried to take a better picture, but to no avail, its just not coming out. I suck at pictures. Let me see if I can describe it better. It is supposed to be Cuban, the label says Bolivar, Habana. The spots are greenish in color and there is nothing on the top of the wrapper. There are larger blotchy like spots on the other side of the cigar like you described, so I can believe those to be water marks. Anything else I can do to help describe it better?

Josh