What's new

Spring Break in San Diego

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Any suggestions of what do do around there? I know there is Seaworld, la Jolla beach, anybody have any idea's that might interest a college student?

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
If you want a chill evening, or day of sightseeing, check out Old Town San Diego off I-5. There's always great authentic Mexican food, margaritas, touristy shops, etc. to walk around and see. San Diego's oldest Tobacconist (Racine & Laramie) is there as well. Not to mention, Churchill's cigar bar in the thick of it all as well. If you want to party, you can check out Pacific Beach (Grand/Garnett Ave), there's a ton of bars, restaurants, young people (college youth) walking around wild'n out. To name a couple. Depends on what level of "party" you're trying to reach. You can also check out Balboa Park, some cool museums to check out there as well.

Source: Born and raised in SD. Feel free to PM me if you want.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
If you want a chill evening, or day of sightseeing, check out Old Town San Diego off I-5. There's always great authentic Mexican food, margaritas, touristy shops, etc. to walk around and see. San Diego's oldest Tobacconist (Racine & Laramie) is there as well. Not to mention, Churchill's cigar bar in the thick of it all as well. If you want to party, you can check out Pacific Beach (Grand/Garnett Ave), there's a ton of bars, restaurants, young people (college youth) walking around wild'n out. To name a couple. Depends on what level of "party" you're trying to reach. You can also check out Balboa Park, some cool museums to check out there as well.

Source: Born and raised in SD. Feel free to PM me if you want.
That's what I am talking about thanks a ton for the info, I think a couple of buddies might catch up with me there on Friday, but the other couple days I know where to head now.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
It sounds like it will be a good time, I'll let you know when I get there Sean should be the 18-21st of this month.

KGD

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
As Sean suggested - hamilton's is a great place to endulge in beer, as is cigar friendly O'briens.
Our group typically herfs one day a week - on a good week, more often Tuesdays - though if Sean sets a date, that week I'm sure we'll also follow suit. I know Sean's schedule doesn't typically allow for Thursday herfing, though that week may be an exception - jwintosh has a group that herf's Thursday evenings and may be worth connecting with.

Since you're in college - there are a couple areas that are more of a hot spot for college folks and may meet those interests - Pacific Beach and Downtown... PB has more of the college dive bars and sorority chick flavor, so if thats what you want - check the area out. Firehouse, PB Alehouse are some of the better college spots, while I prefer Tower 23 which is a bit higher end and classier. Downtown clubs of particular interest might be Fluxx and Bassmt - those aren't any of our scenes, but you'll enjoy it.

And if you're like me and have a preference for the very classy and cougar-esqe, I'd recommend the Grand Del Mar - a fantastic 5 star resort, with a piano bar lobby fri-sat and a cigar friendly outdoor patio. The Hotel Del Coronado offers an outdoor patio that is cigar friendly, though the rest of this small coastal city has a ban on smoking in public.