What's new

Spring is in the air, Pitchers and Catchers report this week.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
They're hoping, but not for probably a couple months if they follow the pattern they have been.
I guess I have more hope for them than you. Love their upside. Young talent, getting better, still trade deadline moves possible with their depth.

But their strategy has always been play it cheap. Can't sign big shit contracts because if they fall off in a few years then they won't have the revenue to cover

Remember Jason Bay, they're bullet dodgers:)

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
No, you have a point, they have a very good shot at having the best outfield in the league this year. The defense in the infield might be a little sharper even if the offense is down. I'm not a baseball expert, this is just stuff I've picked up through reading and listening some. I think there is a lot of frustration with the team based on how long they were bad and the fact that the window with Cutch is starting to close. This year and next year seem like seasons to try and make a serious run at things.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
No, you have a point, they have a very good shot at having the best outfield in the league this year. The defense in the infield might be a little sharper even if the offense is down. I'm not a baseball expert, this is just stuff I've picked up through reading and listening some. I think there is a lot of frustration with the team based on how long they were bad and the fact that the window with Cutch is starting to close. This year and next year seem like seasons to try and make a serious run at things.
I'm not an expert either. Just think the game has drastically changed and they have a team that really fits the mold of what's working. Only time will tell I suppose

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
So Tallion may come up straight outta spring training. Now that he's had Tommy John, hes on borrowed time so I cant see them racking up pitch #s in the minors. 1st base should be ok as long as Jaso can pick up the position pretty quick (cant be any worse that Alvarez was in the field) and Josh Bell should be up in June with Glasnow. Big Questions for the pirates are the back end of the starting pitching, will Kang be good to go by opening day, and will Polanco finally come around.

I thinks its gonna be a pretty good season

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
So Tallion may come up straight outta spring training. Now that he's had Tommy John, hes on borrowed time so I cant see them racking up pitch #s in the minors. 1st base should be ok as long as Jaso can pick up the position pretty quick (cant be any worse that Alvarez was in the field) and Josh Bell should be up in June with Glasnow. Big Questions for the pirates are the back end of the starting pitching, will Kang be good to go by opening day, and will Polanco finally come around.

I thinks its gonna be a pretty good season
How quickly you change gears! See, not all bad

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Opening day tickets going on sale in one hour! Let's Go Bucs! Vegas over/under is 87, even with the loss of Walker, Burnett, I still say if they can finally get off to a decent start, with the June call ups they can contend at least for a Wild Card. Wouldn't surprise me if both Wildcards are from the N.L. Central again.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Opening day tickets going on sale in one hour! Let's Go Bucs! Vegas over/under is 87, even with the loss of Walker, Burnett, I still say if they can finally get off to a decent start, with the June call ups they can contend at least for a Wild Card. Wouldn't surprise me if both Wildcards are from the N.L. Central again.
Just picked up opening day and my 4th of July weekend tickets we got the Pirates hopefully they'll be battling for best record in baseball.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Obviously I'm reluctantly excited about this season. The Cub's are like that super hot girl that you meet at the bar who when it comes time to take home, has drank so much that she throws up on your shoes. And then she turns out to be a crazy lady who stalks you for 10 years... and isn't hot... but is actually a fat ugly man in a wig. You see what im saying? It makes perfect sense to me.
The central is going to be fun. I really like the Pirates roster. Fun team to watch. And similar to hockey season, nothing is better than beating St Louis. This should be a fun summer.