What's new

Springfield MO Herf: Sat, Feb.18th!

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
This was a great time!!! Thanks to the BOTL's that put this together and to the fine people at Just For Him for hosting. Loved the shop!! :clap:

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
How did I not post my summary of this herf??? :wtf:

I had an awesome time!! Worked out well, also, that I rode with my wife and son, and they went off to enjoy the day at the Children's Discovery Center and Incredible Pizza. They wrapped up their day, in perfect timing with the herf coming to a close, and went to have some dinner with them and Daniel and Aaron, before we headed back to Joplin.

Started the day off at Just for Him. HUGE thank you to Christian "Tank" and Jess "Hot Lips" for putting up with us! Great hosts, great store. I was lucky enough to win a door prize from Christian: the Fuente Fuente Opus X Forbidden X 13 "God's Whisper" 1924.

Had the pleasure of meeting/seeing again/smoking with Dan, Glen, Bob, Aaron, Daniel, the Kansas Krew: Larry, Mike, Patrick, Anthony and Tom, Wes, Mike, and Corey. (If I missed anyone, I apologize!) We got to enjoy some nice goodies from Jonathan Drew, who sent a box of JdN Cabinettas and a box of JdN Dark Antanos!! HUGE thanks to JD for the herf goodies!!

Then, HUGE thanks to Mike and Corey, we got to sample some great beer! We had the opportunity to enjoy a 2008 Boulevard Saison, a 2009 Avery The Czar, Avery Mephistopheles, Fort Collins Double Chocolate Stout, and Arcadia Ales Shipwreck Porter! Some great stuff there!!

Around noon, we headed downtown to Springfield Brewing Company for lunch. I had to go with my standby... Black and Bleu burger. Several of us did their 6-glass sampler from their in-house brews. They included the Mueller brand of unfiltered wheat, lager, pale ale, doppel bock, Bull Creek Brown ale, and brewmaster special of Hop Lobster. The beer was pretty good, but nothing really outstanding. I've had the majority before.

After lunch, we headed over to Mother's Brewing Company for a tour and sampling. I'm glad the guys had an opportunity to check out this great local brewery. The tour was great! The marketing guy, Jeremy Wicks did the tour. Very informative, and a great insight into the company. All the people at Mother's are fantastic to their customers.

Back to Just for Him for another smoke. It was just in time to get gathered and enjoy our memorial smoke for Don. I enjoyed a Padron 80th for the occasion. We just sat and talked for a while longer and finished up our cigars, until wrapping the day up.

Again, I had a fantastic time, and hope everyone else had as much enjoyment as I did. We should definitely do this, again, sooner than later! Thanks to everyone that came, and to everyone that put up with us.

Nearly forgot... Made a stop by Andy's Frozen Custard on the way out for some great treats!! And also by Brown Derby (bribed my wife to let me stop, with aforementioned Andy's) to grab some finds not at my local (aka: Mephistopheles, Shipwreck, and a few others).

Last edited: