What's new

SRT Viper

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else excited about the release of the new Viper? It's the most beautiful car ever created. I think I will start a Viper fund. Donations are welcome. :)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks good. Im glad they are back to putting the exhaust in front of the rear wheels. I always thought that was kind of a signature thing

calgon

stevesmoke
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I saw it today. It looks awesome but i'm not so sure about the most beautiful car ever created lol. I got the opportunity to drive one and it was fast but not much else. It is not a buy in my book (if i had the means)

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I love the Viper for its raw power. But, I'd love to see some finesse out of the new car with less emphasis on straight line runs.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, the Dodge Viper holds the fastest lap times on the Nurburgring in Germany. Its faster around the track than a zr-1 or lfa. It is a beast of a machine. It took Lexus and GM three years to beat the Viper's lap time. They eventually succeeded. So, SRT division took out two showroom stock 2010 Vipers, and destroyed their lap times. The ACR or ACR-X set a lap time of 7.03. Disgusting. Not to mention, the chev and lexus had vsa, and all those other useless electronics. The Viper didn't.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
This car is a bad ass looking machine and is very well styled at the same time. My dad is a car wholesaler and I cant wait till he gets one in, we will have to take it down the test track and see how she performs...

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I valet cars and have the opportunity to drive a couple. They are raw power and crazy loud...especially in a parking garage :0

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
At the end of the day it's still a Chrysler, just not sold on anything they make. But I have to admit it looks like they made a lot of improvements over the other past models.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Man does that moto have to sound nice! I love my v8, but the massive v10 must sound like apocalypse is coming. I was driving home the other day, and a race-prep viper drove by, with side dumps for exhaust. Shook my whole damn car, and I smilled.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww. Sure Chrysler has been through tough times, and some cars aren't worth mentioning, but, they do make some pretty cool shit. The Ram Power Wagon. That is a beast of a truck. The Rubicon Wranglers. The old winged warriors! I think the Viper is the pinnacle of raw vehicle performance.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Guys, the Dodge Viper holds the fastest lap times on the Nurburgring in Germany. Its faster around the track than a zr-1 or lfa. It is a beast of a machine. It took Lexus and GM three years to beat the Viper's lap time. They eventually succeeded. So, SRT division took out two showroom stock 2010 Vipers, and destroyed their lap times. The ACR or ACR-X set a lap time of 7.03. Disgusting. Not to mention, the chev and lexus had vsa, and all those other useless electronics. The Viper didn't.
The ACR-X is a spec race car, and the ACR is almost undrivable on normal roads. The ZR1 and LFA are both extremely road worthy, able to make comfortable cross country trips, or go around the 'ring in under 8 minutes.

None of this is to put down one car, or praise another, it's just to look at each of them in the light they were designed for.

The current top 15 'ring times for production vehicles -

1. Radical SR8LM - 6:48.00
2. Radical SR8 - 6:55.00
3. Gumpert Apollo Speed - 7:11.57
4. Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR - 7:12.13
5. Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package - 7:14.64
6. Donkervoort D8 RS - 7:14.89
7. Porsche 911 GT2 RS - 7:18.00
8. Radical SR3 Turbo - 7:19.00
9. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 - 7:19.63
10. Nissan GT-R - 7:21.00
11. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z07 Package - 7:22.68
12. Gumpert Apollo Sport - 7:24.00
13. Nissan GT-R - 7:24.22
14. Maserati MC12 - 7:24.29
15. Pagani Zonda F Clubsport - 7:24.65

LittleMoe

Bald,Fat and Proud
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's nice looking and powerful but I'd still take a Ferrari 458 Italia over it anyday.

To me, that's like aple and oranges !!!! Each car has it's ups and down's .....

I have driven many many Vipers in the day ( i used to work for a Dodge dealership) and for the price you get more then you pay for !!!!!

The Viper is what it is sold as ..... a raw, in your face race car for the street !!! It doesn't pretend to be something it's not !!! It's a DRIVERS car !!! people seem to forget that . We get spoiled with all the electronic crap, that we forget how to actually DRIVE !!! Remeber, pushingthe pedals and turning the wheel is operating a vehicle, not driving !!!!

I used to own a Dodge Rom SRT 10 !!!!! basically, Viper drive train in 2 door Truck !!! Now that was a handful !!!

I am VERY happy to see the Viper's return !!!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I thought the base model Viper ran a 7.12. Thanks for the input Gravity.
Not a problem, bro. :) When you look at the cars that ACR beat, it's insane how much money is on that list. The vette's, vipers and GT-R's are all such crazy giant killers.

I was going to get a used SRT until I found out my wife was pregnant, such wicked cars.