What's new

St. Somewhere - PSD4

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
20 degrees and the hockey games on - Yep.

So Im freaking tired of this winter already albeit very mild New England winter, it is still winter.

I wanna got to St. Somewhere.
So Im firing up this CC as it may not be St. Somewhere, but it is and island in the south and it is warmer than here!

So my newest, hopefully series, of reviews entitled St. Somewhere.

This will be a fairly quick review.
This cigar was brought to me from a generous BOTL here and was told it was from '10.

I have had issues with CC's and plugs before and was told dry boxing is the trick, so I had this baby in a travel humi for 2 days before firing it up.

I fired it up after a nice clip and was greeted with some mild tobacco flavors and a little light spice. Maybe it was some black pepper or a mild spicy pepper, but it was a little tingly. Nothing DPG esque at all.

After the 1st 1/4 inch, the smoke faucet turned off.
I couldtn get it to burn. Corrective light didn't do anything.
I couldnt get any smoke out of it. Felt like I was sucking air through a straw.
Burned a little bit of the cigar down and it turns out it looked like there were two tunnels in there (pics to follow).
I burned past these holes.

Back to business I had about another 1/2 inch of ok cigar after a little bit of bitter flavor from the OVER torch.

then the cigar started to canoe badly. Could be from the over torch or bad rolling or over dry boxing. Either way I was aggravated.

I dont know if chucking it about 1/2 way counts as MUing, but thats what I did. Ended up on the sidewalk about 20 feet from me!

Newspaper mentioned cheap airfare!
Maybe Ill pick up a ticket!

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Damn man.. I'm sorry that one was a dud for you! To be fair, I've never dry boxed any of the PSD4s I've had and they've all been pretty darn tasty. Sorry this one didn't live up to that. :frownno:

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. While I've had plugged Cubans, I've never had a plugged PSD4.

Don't give up on them. It's my all time favorite robusto.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Uh oh, don't let Brent find out about this, he might cry a little hahaha.
I have never had a problem with construction on those, but you know Havana's...