What's new

stacking of cigars question

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So what I have been wondering is..... if you have a bunch of cigars stacked in a humidor is it better to have an air gap between layers ???:bigeyes: Stupid question, but I had to ask.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
What about keeping them in the plastic wrappers then? Is it ok to keep them bagged in the humi?
Prepare for different answers from everyone on this - just different opinions. Keeping them on keeps the cigar in good shape, but some argue that it affects aging, is not asthetically pleasing, etc. I like them nekkid.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Mine are in baggies right now. Helps to not get wrappers all banged up, and easier to dig through. But then again, I have too many singles right now. My 76qt cooler is only 1/3 boxes.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I dislike cello, and bags. I put all my cigars together, seperate them out in groups, no cedar, no spacing. I like them that way. But those are my desktops. My coolidor everything are in their own boxes. It's all personal prefrence. Hope it helps some.

The single bags or cello will let humidity through. I like the smell of a full humi with all the cigars mingling with each other. It's up to you though. But yes bags will still let humidity in.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I dislike cello, and bags. I put all my cigars together, seperate them out in groups, no cedar, no spacing. I like them that way. But those are my desktops. My coolidor everything are in their own boxes. It's all personal prefrence. Hope it helps some.

The single bags or cello will let humidity through. I like the smell of a full humi with all the cigars mingling with each other. It's up to you though. But yes bags will still let humidity in.
Thanks for the info.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Back when I had a desktop humi, I kept my singles in the same condition as I bought them. If they were in cello, they stayed in cello. IMO, the cello helped protect the wrapper from handling damage. I did separate the ones in cello from the ones without though - on different sides of the humi. I never kept any in ziplock bags - unless they were being packed up to ship out.

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Whether you leave the cello on or off is unimportant. What IS important is to make sure the cigars are lined up properly with magnetic north. The foot pointed south of course.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Whether you leave the cello on or off is unimportant. What IS important is to make sure the cigars are lined up properly with magnetic north. The foot pointed south of course.

Oh what the hell is this? I got hear this, Hey Squid Tell us why!:wtf:
:rofl:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I quit worrying about it years ago. Humidity and temp are much more important.

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Oh what the hell is this? I got hear this, Hey Squid Tell us why!:wtf:
It's in the Min Ron Nee cigar book... It's in the I-Ching... Carlos Funte does it this way... It's in the Tibetan Book Of The Dead... Cigar Afficianado mentions it every other issue...

It allows the "negative waves" to escape out the foot of the cigar, and is guaranteed to make all your Cremosa's taste like RASS...

:smokingme