What's new

Stanley cup run!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think im averaging more tums per period than the Hawks are shots per period. Certainly more than the 2 they put up in the 1st of game 4. Tampa's forecheck is as good as any team I've seen in the past couple years, not that i have time to watch too much non-Bhawk hockey. But its really the way to prevent the Hawks from using those brilliant stretch passes and forcing the other teams D men on their heels as they race to the net. So frustrating watching them try to set up an offense, and fail more often than we're used to. But I read that the Hawks under Q are 30-30 in games 1-3... but 41-14 in games 4-7. So lets hope they've seen enough to make the necessary adjustments.

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0

Celebrating with BMH and a habano monte #2. What a series.
Not a Hawks fan, but I have to say classy move by Toews handing the Cup to Kimmo Timonen first. Kimmo was a long time Flyer and was always a hard worker with over 1200 NHL games to his credit...nice to see him finally get to hoist the Cup.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It looked like Toews wanted Kimmo to get the cup off the stand... You can see him tell someone to go get it. Once Kimmo had the cup, Toews told him to keep it longer. It was a really cool moment. Can't wait to hear Icehogs first person stories.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Not a Hawks fan, but I have to say classy move by Toews handing the Cup to Kimmo Timonen first. Kimmo was a long time Flyer and was always a hard worker with over 1200 NHL games to his credit...nice to see him finally get to hoist the Cup.
that is the tradition on the blackhawks - the captain raises the cup first...then he hands it off to the person that has been waiting the longest to hoist it. We all knew it was gonna be kimmo =)

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Bucket list complete!
What a game, how appropriate that Keith gets the Cup winning goal after playing 48% of the minutes in the playoffs.
Talk about classy....Timonen, Vermette, Richards and Dejardins the first 4 to have the Cup handed to them.
The atmosphere was sureeal....I was in Boston for the win in 2013, but to share this with a bunch of close friends, and 22,400 hardcore fans was amazing.
Still fuzzy from celebrating, but certainly the happiest hangover I've ever had.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

that is the tradition on the blackhawks - the captain raises the cup first...then he hands it off to the person that has been waiting the longest to hoist it. We all knew it was gonna be kimmo =)
To be fair, its not just a Blackhawk tradition. Sakic to Bourque is the most famous one... I think BrindAmour gave it to Glen Wesley first in '06. Lidstrom to Dallas Drake in '08. etc....