What's new

Star Trek Into Darkness

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Went to go see Star Trek Into Darkness last night on a Titan XC 3d screen wit the brand new Dolby Atmos sound system. I guess dolby just upgraded the sound system in the theater. No longer is it 7.1 or channels. Each speaker is a seperate unit and they have 2 rows overhead. It was pretty sweet. One of the guys from Dolby was present and gave a quick speech on it. Besides having a small tear in the screen from moving the 800lbs of fabric to set up the speakers the movie was awesome. I am not a Trekky and I am sure I missed some of the inside jokes and knowledge, but I still liked the movie a lot. If you get a chance to see this in 3D do it! It is worth it.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Don't do 3D myself, saw it in 2D and if you aren't a Star Trek watching I feel bad for you, 97% of the movie is well a past time line, so much of the movie played off of that as well as random other things like Marcus' daughter etc., and yadda yadda.

I enjoyed the movie and will probably see it again when it's for rental just to catch all the little things I probably missed, that being said Spock did an excellent job with ... well you all that saw it know what I'm talking about :p lol

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well predictable in some ways because of the story, the enjoyment is in the journey, how they arrived at their destination was the fun part. The other 'cool' part was seeing the characters and what / who they are now compared to who they were in the past movies, how their roles have changed etc.,

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Since some of you seem to have a better grasp on the Star Trek universe than me I have had a few questions bugging me. It has been a long time since I saw the original Star Trek movies. These new movies are they supposed to be viewed as separate of those movies or an alternate timeline or just taking place before them?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They are an alternative timeline that 'mirrors', at least so far, a lot of the major events for the Enterprise crew, the kicker is they as seen in the first movie they had old spock to talk to about say how kirk and spock met or how he told Kirk HE was suppose to Captain the Enterprise, so you have a new thing going on with subtle and not so subtle changes but in the end Kirk did indeed end up the Captain of the Enterprise.

Again this movie had quite a few things thrown in from other movies / adventures such as Dr. Marcus, who in one of the original movies was said to have had a kid with Kirk. In this movie she is still there but her role is at this point totally different.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok that is what I thought. It's a cool way to reboot the movies. I'm sure some hardcore fans are not too happy about it.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well the fact that they acknowledge the other timeline really does change it up, if they just remade shows / movies and pretended the other one never happened it would be annoying. This not so much, it's interesting to look for the changes and go "Oh cool that they explained ___________".

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Amazing movie and worth seeing in 3D - one of the best in a while.

Initially I liked the 1st one better, but my wife (trekkie) and daughter (24 yrs. old + degree in Physics) liked the 2nd one better. After rewatching the 1st and hearing their point of view I am undecided (until I see the new one again).

Only complaint - Needs more klingons!