What's new

Star Wars

Which way to watch Star Wars?

• Total voters

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Yes, I have never seen all of them, only bits. I want to watch them all.

Should I start from 1 and work to the end now that they are all out? Or should I watch the original way?

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
tobby4 said:
Save yourself the time....
OUCH!

I say do it chronologically. Start off with Ep 1 and work through 6. My instincts would be to say watch them in order of release, but I believe that since all are available at this point, one would do themselves a justice to allow themselves to be swept away in the shock & awe of all the surprises the saga brings to the table. I often wonder how my outlook on the entire series would be if I just got into them with the advent of the Prequels. Regardless, I think you'll have a tough time choosing between the best of the entire series. My thoughts are that if you're an action movie guy, you'll love ep.III. If you're a romantic in the history sense (not love I mean), you'll love ep IV. And finally, if you're a true movie buff, you'll go GA-GA over ep. V. I believe the original is still my fav, but definate honorable mentions must go out to epII for how it truly sets up the entire fate of the fictional universe.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Well, since picking up episode three I have been trying to figure how, as in which order, to inroduce this saga to the kids. Initially I thought the only propper way was the order of release. After thinking about it, and reading your post Craig I, I think it would be cool for them to not find out Vader is Luke's father...that is if they don't already know from friends and what not.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Unless you normally like to start reading a book in the middle, I say start at SW1:The Phantom Menace and conclude with SW6:Return of the Jedi. The production technology of 4-6 is obviously outdated, but the story line will make more sense.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Pretty split....

I would be getting the versions that blockbuster online has....haven't looked into what those are though.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
If it is a DVD of the original trilogy then it has been digitally changed a bit...the unchanged versions are not being released on DVD, old VHS tapes is all that's out there.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would watch the original trilogy in the order that they were released, and then stop right there.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
There, i broke the tie.

And who is it that gave away the secrets on here..Then there really is no point in watching them as released...i guess....