What's new

Starting a new adventure

jkittle99

Josh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
So most of you don't know (but a few vherfers and chatters have heard) that about 2 months and some change ago I lost my job. I was straight up given the boot. I had never experienced that before. Well today I accepted (FINALLY) an offer for a lead network / voice engineer for a local insurance company. I'm over the moon, and really need this to be successful - I'm sure it will be. The best advice I can give anybody who ever finds themselves in this situation is - don't give up! It's a blessing in disguise, I know it. Good things are bound to be right around the corner.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
So most of you don't know (but a few vherfers and chatters have heard) that about 2 months and some change ago I lost my job. I was straight up given the boot. I had never experienced that before. Well today I accepted (FINALLY) an offer for a lead network / voice engineer for a local insurance company. I'm over the moon, and really need this to be successful - I'm sure it will be. The best advice I can give anybody who ever finds themselves in this situation is - don't give up! It's a blessing in disguise, I know it. Good things are bound to be right around the corner.
I thoroughly believe this to be true brother! You'll be better off in the end. I know "it happens for a reason" and all that BS, but I do believe there is some truth to it. You will do great! Congratulations and all the best of luck to you!

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Congrats on the new job skittles!

Sad you got the boot in the first place. But, when life piss on you, make it some lemonade. By experience, no matter how frustrating or sad it can get to "have to" change, the replacement job is always a step up.

Enjoy the new role.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Congrats....jobs are not as easily available and around for long these days. I am so glad to have had a job when I worked ( retired in 1996 at the ripe old age of 42 ) and when I see or read about guys who lose a job they counted on it is distressing to say the least ...esp. in these times. Planning ones life was centered around their jobs and them being there for a career but with technologies and changes a career path lasts a few years before they run off good people to get some grad out of college who will take a salary at almost half of what career people were getting paid. Have a BIL who worked for a good company for 20 years and is 57....they knew he was approaching retirement in a few years and with his 6 figure salary they knew they could get a college grad and pay him $60K to start....saving them over half. Now my BIL is barely marketable at an age where most companies won't touch him or pay him half of what he was making and he can barely make his life expenses.

Hope you experience a place that will let you retire from them and enjoy success. Don't know how this generation copes with that kind of worry about whether their jobs will be there in years to come and having a son at nearly 40 he tells me he worries constantly about his tech job and it not being there in a few years...he still have kids and mortgage, car payments, etc. I'd be living on xanax and Swisher Sweets if I had to live in these times.