What's new

Starting to worry...

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Either I'm on a bad run of 'gars, or I've hit that damn Dark Side slippery slope. :(

Two cigars in the past two days: Camacho and Punch Gran Puro (both NCs) and neither of them have done a dang thing for me. I know there are still NCs I enjoy, but they seem to be getting fewer and farer between...or maybe I've just hit a few in a row that don't do it for me.

All I know is that I've had one of the Mag46's sent to me (thanks Bman!) and the other two keep whispering to me everytime I walk into the damn den.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Resistance is futile, smoke the Mag's. I'm assuming the two you have left were from me, if so, go ahead and spark 'em they are smoking real good. :smt025

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
You got it Wasch! Believe me, they are next on the list to be smoked when I have the time. My last couple of smokes have been of the small variety as I smoke 'em during lunch. I have a few ISOMs small enough for a lunch smoke, but with my limited supply I don't want to get into one that I just HAVE to nub and not have the time for it. With only 45 minutes to smoke during lunch (after wolfing down my lunch), the Mags are a little long.

Mr.OneNineDoubleDeuce

The Machine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I notice in people who smoke both NC's and cubans is that when you go on a "run" of smoking one type of cigar (cuban or nc) when you initially switch or go back and forth, you get disappointed. This usually happens when you go from cuban to NC.

Smoke a few NC's in a row and see if you get the flavor back. If you don't, then..well..up the CC limit and get a few cabs cuz you're hooked!..lol

xrundog

Humidor Aficionado
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
According to the new Cigar magazine (free copy) There is lithium in the Cuban soil which translates to the tobacco. That explains why the NCs don't satisfy. You're a junkie! :lol:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Toasty toasty toasty. :lol: :lol:

Like I said, I know there are still some NC's that I enjoy, but most seem to be maduros. But that twang just pulls you in!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
In order for me to be satisfied with a n/c, I have to smoke on the upper end of the scale (Pam '64, '26, Opus X, Anejo, etc.) And not all cubans do it for me either. It's all about variety and not thinking one country is better than the next. The Camacho or Punch Gran Puro never did anything for me anyway

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Know what you mean CVM4. I wouldn't give up the PAMS for just about anything. Damn good smokes. And even some of the cheaper ones I still enjoy: example: Mayorga. The one Mayorga I had was an awesome smoke. We'll see. :)

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
My humidor has recently flip-flopped.

In December I had two trays of Darkside and the rest of the Humidor was N/C.

Today I have one tray of N/C's and the rest is all Cs. I even had to put some of the N/C's back in a tuperdor as overflow.

Thanks a lot Cliff ;)

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Awww jeeze...had to top this one didn't you? I haven't had an NC in over a month, and there are very few left in my stash. Gonna have to break one out here soon just to change things up!

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
i had an LGC today that i liked. very straight forward, but sometimes i like that.