What's new

Stash

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ha! You ate there before me then!

What went into your Catracho?
WLT Nica Hab seco binder, LO Honduran seco, WLT Corojo Viso, and WLT Dominican ligero. Wrapped in WLT Ec. CT Shade made for my best-ever cigar. I think the magic came from the wrapper and the seco. The dark wrappers weren't as thrilling, despite my comment in that blog post. Or maybe I've just forgotten how good it was.

I did a 3-primings LO Honduran batch once and it sucked ass.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
WLT Nica Hab seco binder, LO Honduran seco, WLT Corojo Viso, and WLT Dominican ligero. Wrapped in WLT Ec. CT Shade made for my best-ever cigar. I think the magic came from the wrapper and the seco. The dark wrappers weren't as thrilling, despite my comment in that blog post. Or maybe I've just forgotten how good it was.
What binder?

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mine are tossed into trays that are in a plastic box with some boveda packs to keep 'em happy. The box holds two trays and I'm over-running it. It's time to swap some stuff in one of two coolers around so I have more room. Your stash of cigars sure looks nice.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Another 15 Nic Puros going in the stash.

These are the bigger wrapper leaves. Still real veiny; but so tasty.

I tell you, the one I can't wait for, my Maks Churchills come ripe next month. I can't wait to open that box.
Where's Maks, BTW?
OK, so this may be a dumb question, especially since I've never rolled tobacco before. But back in the day when I used to roll "other" things, I would occasionally cut out all the smaller cross-sectioned veins from the wrapper leaf (especially when they were really large, unsightly and affected the roll) and apply them to the binder with a slight overlap. This resulted in an extremely smoothly wrapped cigar, so I was wondering if this is something you've ever tried with the more veiny wrappers? If its even feasible/smokeable or at all worth it since you'd have to apply glue to the end of each segment?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
OK, so this may be a dumb question, especially since I've never rolled tobacco before. But back in the day when I used to roll "other" things, I would occasionally cut out all the smaller cross-sectioned veins from the wrapper leaf (especially when they were really large, unsightly and affected the roll) and apply them to the binder with a slight overlap. This resulted in an extremely smoothly wrapped cigar, so I was wondering if this is something you've ever tried with the more veiny wrappers? If its even feasible/smokeable or at all worth it since you'd have to apply glue to the end of each segment?
Nope.

I will cut out a half moon from the part of the leaf closest to the center stem, so as to use the outer crescent of leaf, where veins are smaller. I do prefer smaller veined wrapper varieties, such as the Connecticut Shade and the Ecuador seco shade. I do start my wrap from the end of the leaf where veins are smaller.

I can't say this old picture shows my best work. The Nic wrapper employed was prone to knotty veins. I chose it for the flavor.

Bliss and Marc are your guys for smooth wrappers.

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Posted in the wrong thread. ... shoulda been in the Ripe Stash thread. Moved it.
But I do have a new batch going into stash today. It's these Mata wrapped Bliss blnd plumpfectos.

Now just have to settle on a band for them. It's bliss, so I'm thinking either:

or
Tough call

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Posted in the wrong thread. ... shoulda been in the Ripe Stash thread. Moved it.
But I do have a new batch going into stash today. It's these Mata wrapped Bliss blnd plumpfectos.

Now just have to settle on a band for them. It's bliss, so I'm thinking either:

or
That may have to be the first double banded home roll....

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Going into stash:

This plumpfecto is turning into a very tough art to master. Especially with this bumpy Mata wrapper. I finally gave up on the rest of the Mata wrap I have. It's all been picked over. But I have a limited supply of old San Andres which tastes even better. I'll roll them up next. Only able to stash a baker's dozen of these, cause I kept on smoking them as I went along. Hoping I can get a bigger number out of the SA. ... and a better appearance, too.

Great base blend, Bliss.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Going into stash:

This plumpfecto is turning into a very tough art to master. Especially with this bumpy Mata wrapper. I finally gave up on the rest of the Mata wrap I have. It's all been picked over. But I have a limited supply of old San Andres which tastes even better. I'll roll them up next. Only able to stash a baker's dozen of these, cause I kept on smoking them as I went along. Hoping I can get a bigger number out of the SA. ... and a better appearance, too.

Great base blend, Bliss.
I thought this was going to be a double banded blend, what happened?

Based on your last two posts in this thread, these must be good. We know about the wrapper, did I miss the filler description? Tell me again, what's in these Blissful smokes?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I thought this was going to be a double banded blend, what happened?

Based on your last two posts in this thread, these must be good. We know about the wrapper, did I miss the filler description? Tell me again, what's in these Blissful smokes?
The two bands don't look great together. I'll use the other band for the Bliss with San Andres

The base blend is Criollo Ligero (CL) seasoned with Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo Habano Seco (CVVAHS) and bound in Olor. Your proportions may differ according to taste or vitola. Bliss stuck two CL and one CVVAHS into his corona gorda. I can't get more than one and a half CL and one CVVAHS into one of these fectos. Otherwise, I run out of the mold. Bliss wrapped his with FX CT. I like that; but I liked the Mata Fina better. Only prob, I ran out. I ran out cause it was never good enough wrapper for me to buy beyond the initial 1/4 pound. Nowhere near stretchy enough for a fecto, and a bit bumpy round the veins. Plus, it has the hydrophobia or something, cause it dries so fast, before you can finish with it. But the flavor is fantastic. Think I'll like the San Andres just as much.

I'm thinking these will be my favorite pause and enjoy gars when I'm riding across the country & back this summer. That's what I'm stashing them for.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
On to part two of this Bliss Plumpfecto theme: : 1 & 1/2 Criollo Ligero, 1/2 Cibao Vuelta seco, bound in Olor, various wrappers.

Above is the BP with a San Andres wrapper. To my taste buds, it beats the FX Shade hands down and even beats the MF wrapper. I feel with this blend like we have finally put on our big boy pants. You could honestly market this blend for ten or twelve bucks a stick. Just need an embossed band, fancy box, and Spanish name. Call it Arrobamiento around the house, or Extasis for export because it's so cognate. Can't keep stealing Bliss's name.

Starting to sight in on this plumpfecto shape. This one would be almost presentable if it were not for the pinched nose. Both Mata Fina and San Andres wrappers pair wonderfully, flavor-wise, with this Bliss foundation But both wrappers share the same defect when it comes to wrapping a fecto: they are just not stretchy enough to adapt from tapered foot to bulging barrel then back to the roundish head. Worse than that, they both dry on the table quicker than you can finish wrapping. I could make much neater parejos with this same combo; but it seems to me that a voluptuous blend deserves a voluptuous shape, as well as that the shape itself is well worth mastering.

I stashed only eighteen with the MF before I ran out. MFs got the water band. I should be good for about 30 of the SA. They'll get the mammaries band. Then I'll turn to my remaining Ecuador Shade Seco Habano for this Arrobamiento theme. That Ec Sec is way way stretchier. I will need a third blissful band to distinguish them. Maybe Bliss state park, on the shores of Lake Tahoe:

Hoping to stash en entire wheel of Arrobamiento PFs.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I roll when my wood humidor starts dropping RH. Cause, ya see rolling 20 sticks is a LOT less expensive than buying a gallon of DW at the grocery :eek:

I bought my first mold ( robusto grande) and rolled 10 in a weekend. Dolls molded Saturday, wrapped Sunday. Then I realized that there's at least as much time in conditioning leaf as in rolling, so I bought a second mold. (Robusto) Now I usually roll 30 in a weekend. 1 batch of robustos to use up the scrap wrapper and 2 batches of robusto grandes to age.