What's new

Steve Jobs visionary, but absent father...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
just caught something in this excerpt from the author of the Steve Jobs Bio...

I asked the one question that was still puzzling me: Why had he been so eager, during close to 50 interviews and conversations over the course of two years, to open up so much for a book when he was usually so private? “I wanted my kids to know me,” he said. “I wasn’t always there for them, and I wanted them to know why and to understand what I did.”

Take time to know your kids while you can enjoy them... I think this is one of the saddest thing I've read to date.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Even worse, he fathered a child out of wedlock to his high school girlfriend. Now this is a man who was a multi-millionaire at 25. He stated in official court documents that he was infertile and unable to father any children, just to avoid child support. His high school girlfriend had to go on welfare to support the child, meanwhile, millionaire over here is lying under oath to avoid paying. What a great father, right?

I cannot stand Steve Jobs and never could, nor can I stand Apple as a company. However, Apple makes superior products for me, so I continue to buy them, though, I hate every minute of it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a dedicated software developer who develops primarily for Microsoft platforms. I am happily married (coming up on 13 years) with one child who has special needs and I agree 100% that family should ALWAYS come first. However, in the field I am in, I am exposed to and responsible for developing cutting edge software. From experience I can say that the balance between the needs of the family and the needs of the “greater good” or the “bigger picture” can be difficult at times. Love or hate him, we would not have many of the conveniences we enjoy today (not to mention the huge advances in technology) if it were not for the competition between Apple and Microsoft. I would highly recommend watching the movie Pirates of Silicone Valley if you get the chance. I personally feel Steve Jobs and The Woz were geniuses for their technical, leadership and marketing skills and I feel the same about Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer.