What's new

Steve Saka Smokes 10 cigars a day for 30 years ...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had the time or money I would be happy smoking 3 to 4 a day. That's what I do on weekends and 1 rarely 2 the other 5 days of the week.

I have smoked 11 one day and I think 12 or 13 another time. The 11 was at a RTDA (back when it was still called that) and the 12 to 13 was a all day herf. My palate was shot!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
If I had the time or money I would be happy smoking 3 to 4 a day. That's what I do on weekends and 1 rarely 2 the other 5 days of the week.

I have smoked 11 one day and I think 12 or 13 another time. The 11 was at a RTDA (back when it was still called that) and the 12 to 13 was a all day herf. My palate was shot!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
I have time to smoke 3ish days of the week, 1 if I’m lucky and 2 if I quit work/leave my family (hasn’t happened yet) I would love to be able to light and slightly smoke (or whatever we have decided Steve does with his 10-a-day hobby) even one a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Personally, I just don't think there's enough hours in the day to fully/properly smoke 10 cigars a day. I can smoke a Robusto for an hour and a half or more. 10 robustos gets me 15 hours of smoke time. Even if I worked, and potentially lived in, a cigar factory, I'd still need time to eat (probably a lot to keep from barfing from too much nicotine) and sleep, and other random things where I couldn't have a cigar in my hand at all times.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks to those that PM'd me via FB and IG about this thread.

I currently smoke 8-12 cigars daily and have been doing so since about 1995 - this is just smoking not while doing QC or blending - there have been days where I have cut and lit over a hundred cigars - these do not count imo.

I began smoking hand mades in 1985 and like most folks, it was an occasional, then 3 a week, then 1 a day, then 3 a day and so on until I got to my current consumption level.

I have the benefit of pretty much being able to smoke everywhere: office, factory, home, in the truck, stores, meetings, etc.

Also in a typical day I will smoke 2 or 3 corona sized cigars in the mix - most I finish to beneath the band EXCEPT there may be one or two since I make a point of trying to smoke at least one other maker's cigar each day. Most I finish, but some I just have to pitch early due to them not being my cup of tea.

For me, most coronas are a 35min smoke, Robustos a 45min smoke, and Toros about an hour.

Cost for me is less, but still pretty steep - at retail my cigars would cost me upwards of $50K per year - my actual cost is about 40% less.

Just doing the casual math I have smoked about 90K handmade cigars to date.

It is extremely rare to see me NOT smoking a cigar.

Hope this answers any questions,

STS

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One other sidebar - I am confident with my palate's ability to transition from tobaccos and cigars, I tend to not smoke many "pepper bombs", just not something that I smoke on a regular basis, I might only consume 5-7 cigars like a Neanderthal, LFD Double Ligero, etc in a week - for me, I like the "potato chip effect" - satisfying while I am smoking it, but leaves me with the desire to smoke another.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I sat down with him in Houston just a couple weeks ago and he did say he has smoked over 50,000 cigars