What's new

stin187's "Smart" Wineador Build

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Believe I bought the wrong voltage out so I bought another one to try out. Much better outcome this time around and it's in F instead of C. Now I know exactly what temp I'm at without having to do the conversion.
WP_20150115_025.jpg

Here's the fleebay link in case anyone wants the same one. It's made local to me so the shipping doesn't take weeks like most of the China made ones. I recieved mine in a few days from purchase.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281435311101?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Now it's time to hook up my fans, just waiting on those parts to come in.

Thank you @stin187 for all your help on this.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Believe I bought the wrong voltage out so I bought another one to try out. Much better outcome this time around and it's in F instead of C. Now I know exactly what temp I'm at without having to do the conversion.
View attachment 57434

Here's the fleebay link in case anyone wants the same one. It's made local to me so the shipping doesn't take weeks like most of the China made ones. I recieved mine in a few days from purchase.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281435311101?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Now it's time to hook up my fans, just waiting on those parts to come in.

Thank you @stin187 for all your help on this.
Looks good Jesse! Keep us posted on the fan install. I couldn't find a fahrenheit one that did cooling and heating so I went with celsius at the time ...

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Can you explain the drain a little more? I plugged my Vinotemp once and ended up with a huge mess in the bottom. Wineador felt like a freaking rain forest when I opened it. Since then, I've left it unplugged,and just clean out the tray in the back.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Can you explain the drain a little more? I plugged my Vinotemp once and ended up with a huge mess in the bottom. Wineador felt like a freaking rain forest when I opened it. Since then, I've left it unplugged,and just clean out the tray in the back.
The concept I went with was to extent the sealed environment of the wine fridge while giving the water a place to go. I did this by taking off the water pan and attaching some rubber tubing to the drain and running it down to a mason jar. The tubing in the OP fits perfectly over the drain tube in the 281E and I drilled into the lid of the jar to keep the environment contained. The wineador sits on top of an entertainment center that I modded to allow the tube to pass freely down to the jar. Hopefully that helps! Let me know if there's anything else i can help with or if I can help with this more!

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
The concept I went with was to extent the sealed environment of the wine fridge while giving the water a place to go. I did this by taking off the water pan and attaching some rubber tubing to the drain and running it down to a mason jar. The tubing in the OP fits perfectly over the drain tube in the 281E and I drilled into the lid of the jar to keep the environment contained. The wineador sits on top of an entertainment center that I modded to allow the tube to pass freely down to the jar. Hopefully that helps! Let me know if there's anything else i can help with or if I can help with this more!
Thanks man!

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Hooked up the fans last night on a timer, they are set to go on for 5 minutes every hour. Thanks again for the help.

WP_20150120_012.jpg

Went with staggering the fans, figured it might pull air a little better from the drawers. Thinking about adding another one to the bottom to push air to the door as well but I'm sure it's enough fans for now.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Hooked up the fans last night on a timer, they are set to go on for 5 minutes every hour. Thanks again for the help.

View attachment 57638

Went with staggering the fans, figured it might pull air a little better from the drawers. Thinking about adding another one to the bottom to push air to the door as well but I'm sure it's enough fans for now.
Nice looking work Jesse.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow great job Stin187! How hard was wiring in the cooling portion of the newair unit to the temp controller? I am worried I'd screw something up....but I think I need to do this at my 281E sits at 59-60F in the basement while set at 65F lol. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Wow great job Stin187! How hard was wiring in the cooling portion of the newair unit to the temp controller? I am worried I'd screw something up....but I think I need to do this at my 281E sits at 59-60F in the basement while set at 65F lol. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
It was very easy. ground and neutral are a complete circuits and the hot lead gets the switch. There's a diagram in the instruction with the controller, just follow it and you'll be good. to go.

Last edited: