What's new

Stoked to start wineador

Rating - 80%
4   1   0
so i get home from afghaniland in about a month now and i get to put together my wineador when i get home, which i am very excited about. so far i have the edgestar 28, i got forest building a hell of a design on the inside featuring 2 drawers some cubbies and some half shelf tray type deals. i still gotta get my 2 lbs of healtfelts (65%) and so far im building a nice little collection of cigars to call it home. im still debating on weather im going to use an ETC or not think ill let it run for a little while without one and see how that goes. ill get some pics up when i get home and get it together

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Congrats on the new cooler, from the 4 threads I can tell you are excited about it. In the mean time there is some great reading you can do while waiting that will answer just about every question you will have starting with Justin's Wine Cooler 101 thread. Here are a bunch of threads that have been posted here that will help as well.

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/search.php?searchid=5036842

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
the only thing that worries me about that is then the stock fan stops working as well and im not really trying to put an oust fan in my display cooler haha this thing will be sitting on the end of my bar in my lounge
Two things.

First, fans aren't ABSOLUTELY necessary. You have the stock fan that will run whenever this thing turns on, so you'll get some circulation.

Second, chances are HIGH that it won't take very long before you would be able to hide an OUST or two behind everything you'll have jam packed into that cooler.

And, I guess a third thing, as Craig linked, there are other options for fans if you are handy at all. Justin did a nice set up in his and if you search the site you'll find other people who have done some pretty tricky stuff with computer fans.