What's new

Stone 15th Anniv Imperial Black IPA

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Any one else tried this IPA? I had some while at a restaurant in Chicago. It was very good IMHO. Been looking to get some here locally but cannot find any. I can get it shipped to me at about $55.00 a six pack (ouch).

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had it a few weeks back and it was very good. I can get it locally but Im not sure for how much. Ive only seen it in 22's though.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I bought some the last time I was in Louisiana near NOLA. I've yet to try it because there's so much in front of it to try at the moment :drool: Where'd you price from?

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Have you had Stone's other black I.P.A., Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale? If your like me, someone who can be overwhelmed by bitter, you may prefer it to the 15th. .02

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Love it....got two bombers sitting in the frig now!

My Stone favorite is the Belgo-Ainse Imperial Russian Stout! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
mmmmmmmmmmm, Stone Brewery!! in my back yard and i've yet to be there!! haven't had the anni yet...
I've been three times since they built their "compound" in Escondido. The food is marginal, but the beer selection is nothing to joke about, especially when you move away from the Stone Brews.

Just a bit of Beer-trivia. The Black IPA was invented by Port Brewing after bar owner, Louis Mello, challenged the brewer to make a "Black IPA" anniversary beer (which he admittedly pulled out of his ass) for his bar, The Liars Club. Stone then caught on, cranked out the Sublimely, and spawned the Black IPA trend.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I was able to pick some up about 2 hours away. Sucks they do not list retailers and makes it hard to find...I paid 7.99/22oz which is a bit much but with the shipping costs of 30-40 for the online retailers @ 5-6.99 it came out the same....

I like really dark beers and am just getting into IPA's. Looking forward to trying some of your suggestions....

I drank one tonight, and I do not drink much so, it really got me a bit tipsy....I love a good dark beer.......

Ryan and the others that were looking for me, many thanks.....Please let me know if I can ever repay the favor :)

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
FWIW, I've been reading about this and it's probably a good idea to not cellar it. The fresher you drink it, the better.

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I don't think anyone would suggest cellaring an IPA? Whether it be a Pale Ale's, IPA's, Black IPA's, and especially Double/Imperial IPA's. The hops are the most perishable part of the beer I believe, and the easiest to dissipate. I mean it clearly states on the bottle in bold, to drink fresh.

I believe my local B&M still have some in stock for $6.99 a bottle. I bought two, but drank them already, lol. I thought it was great, personally. I really enjoyed this one, split my last bottle between a few friends at Casa. Everyone enjoyed the hell out of it!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I was able to pick some up about 2 hours away. Sucks they do not list retailers and makes it hard to find...I paid 7.99/22oz which is a bit much but with the shipping costs of 30-40 for the online retailers @ 5-6.99 it came out the same....

I like really dark beers and am just getting into IPA's. Looking forward to trying some of your suggestions....

I drank one tonight, and I do not drink much so, it really got me a bit tipsy....I love a good dark beer.......

Ryan and the others that were looking for me, many thanks.....Please let me know if I can ever repay the favor :)
A 22oz of anything Stone Brews will get you tipsy. try the double bastard. it's 11.2%

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
For those who are looking for this style...and coming up empty at their stores...keep an eye out for Deschutes Hop in the Dark. IMO much better than the Stone SSR, but admit I havent tried the 15th Anni yet. I'll fix that though..

I enjoy a nice black IPA...moreso in the Fall/Winter months (also when I usually drink more Stouts/Porters).