What's new

Storing Cubans and NCs together

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I appreciate u tryn to help mate but it's a different product and after researching on here and via heartfelt too I can spray and can use the hair dryer As the others have said also .....

I did dry the beads yesterday and put in humi and took out the 69% boveda hopefully there's some progress made .

Where could the air be leaking my guess is the hinges ?? Can I put some moldable blu tac over them and see if that works ??

only other place is if the glass top is leaking but it looks tight , might seal off the glass with some odorless food grade silicon as next attempt if all that fails = new humi !!!!

Cheers fellas appreciate the help

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ok so down a little today 70

Put blu tak over the hinges see what happens tomorrow if lower

If not ill heat heartfelts again and try get down

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
If you have a fair amount of cigars in there. It may just take some time for the dry beads to absorb the extra RH.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
First of all as people have said, or should have, it's not great to spray your beads, everyone does it but it's still not the correct way to use them and it damages them. If you want to raise the RH of beads put them in a ziplock baggy with a small plate with a damp sponge, dampened in distilled water. Let them sit for a few hours, remove the sponge and put in a hydrometer and let that sit then check the RH of the beads, repeat until the beads are where you want them, spraying them causes cracks to form, why people end up with lots of little pieces of beads and bead dust.
This is straight from the heartfelt site in their FAQ area.

"The method I use and prefer is using a spray bottle. I purchased an inexpensive spray bottle at the grocery store and filled it with distilled water. When the beads need water I just spray them until they have absorbed enough distilled water. This method will work well if you have the beads in a bag or dish."

Here is where you got mixed up.

"There are a number of ways to do this. You can just pour distilled water on the beads. A lot of folks do it this way but the beads can fracture when it is done this way. One thing to remember, fracturing will not affect the efficiency of the beads or ruin them in any way, they will still do their job."

Heartfelt Bead Set Up Page Here

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
First of all as people have said, or should have, it's not great to spray your beads, everyone does it but it's still not the correct way to use them and it damages them. If you want to raise the RH of beads put them in a ziplock baggy with a small plate with a damp sponge, dampened in distilled water. Let them sit for a few hours, remove the sponge and put in a hydrometer and let that sit then check the RH of the beads, repeat until the beads are where you want them, spraying them causes cracks to form, why people end up with lots of little pieces of beads and bead dust.
This is straight from the heartfelt site in their FAQ area.

"The method I use and prefer is using a spray bottle. I purchased an inexpensive spray bottle at the grocery store and filled it with distilled water. When the beads need water I just spray them until they have absorbed enough distilled water. This method will work well if you have the beads in a bag or dish."

Here is where you got mixed up.

"There are a number of ways to do this. You can just pour distilled water on the beads. A lot of folks do it this way but the beads can fracture when it is done this way. One thing to remember, fracturing will not affect the efficiency of the beads or ruin them in any way, they will still do their job."

Heartfelt Bead Set Up Page Here
I think he was just confusing the heartfelt for the hcm bead composition.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Added another 10 cigars today so let's see what this does to the humidity

I've gone 3 rounds of drying heart felt beads and humidity stays the same over the last few weeks

Any other suggestions ?