What's new

Storing Kentucky Fired fat Molly cigars

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a 10 pack or Fat Molly's and I was wondering if it would be a problem to keep them in my regular humidor or should I somehow store them separate from my regular cigars? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The KFCs carry a pretty pronounced aroma of "sticky sweet" smoke. Personally I'd keep them separate from my other cigars.
thanks, I just got back from Dollar General where I picked up a little Tupperware thing that'll hold 10 of them and a Boveda pack, I thought they smelled kind of tough to be with others company.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
thanks, I just got back from Dollar General where I picked up a little Tupperware thing that'll hold 10 of them and a Boveda pack, I thought they smelled kind of tough to be with others company.
That boveda will pick up the odor as well. Won’t be able to use that with other sticks until it deodorizes which it will if you just leave it sitting out and lose moisture. I then rinsed it off with distilled water then just recharged it. YMMV.

Sent from The Department of Arrested Development using an elevated sense of self worth.

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I was told this is actually the third variation or blend of the KFC. It used to be way more pronounced when first released and that is why they have the stigma that they do. In cellophane I haven't had any issues in my humidor but it's kinda a personal choice. I have learned to really enjoy them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That boveda will pick up the odor as well. Won’t be able to use that with other sticks until it deodorizes which it will if you just leave it sitting out and lose moisture. I then rinsed it off with distilled water then just recharged it. YMMV.

Sent from The Department of Arrested Development using an elevated sense of self worth.
You make a good point, I didn't think about that. I'll have to take note of the pack that I'm using. Thanks

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I was told this is actually the third variation or blend of the KFC. It used to be way more pronounced when first released and that is why they have the stigma that they do. In cellophane I haven't had any issues in my humidor but it's kinda a personal choice. I have learned to really enjoy them.
I store mine in the trash... but now I know who to send 'em too...

:D

But in all seriousness, the tuperdor with a boveda is the safest way to go about storing any sticks with a special "infusion"

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I had a Kentucky fire cured non sweet and it was a really good smoke it had a very good smoke flavor like you were sitting next to the bbq pit. They have sweets with the sweetened tip and the non sweet.