What's new

straight Razor Shaving

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
That's classic... I was just going to link that.

Lynn and Don are friends of mine and we smoke cigars often... good guys!

Actually plan on seeing them tomorrow.
So Lynn smokes cigars? Do you happen to know what kinds he likes? I've been meaning to send a razor to him for honing so I can see what an expertly honed razor shaves like. Maybe I'll have to include a cigar or two in the box . . .

sportsmedjosh

CRA Member: 211528
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Well I'm back to report that my first straight razor shave was 50% successful. I started with my right side and when I placed it on the skin is when I started to cut myself. I switched sides to the left and it was more successful. I did the first full pass with great success but the second pass against the grain I decided to switch to my power fusion

http://www.theartofshaving.com/taos6/fcc_home.php

and did my skin thank me for it. I have a little burning but the septic pen and the after shave really helped out. I'l be trying it again until I get it down.

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
for my face, only Gilette. at work I cut hair with both, disposable blades and straight razor.

I am just not patient enough to give it a whirl, heck, most of the time I shave with my clippers and leave some stubble

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Way back when I started shaving we just used our Bowie knives sharpened on a river rock with the lather from a yucca root. Kinda like these new fangled disposables. I think they call it.....progress.

sportsmedjosh

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I think this video is pretty cool. Looks like a fast process once you get it down.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvu1F4f7bdQ"]YouTube - A Shave with a straight Razor[/ame]

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
So Lynn smokes cigars? Do you happen to know what kinds he likes? I've been meaning to send a razor to him for honing so I can see what an expertly honed razor shaves like. Maybe I'll have to include a cigar or two in the box . . .
Sorry it took so long to get back to you (had to work today), but I know that he loves Tatuaje/Opus/VSG and basically what we all like.

I hug out with him all day today, and got him to sign up here.

His handle is "Lynn."

Enjoy.

sportsmedjosh

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Brian I felt the same way last night, I shaved with my fusion. Today I have a shadow and I took the straight edge to it and was able to pull a lot off with no cuts. However I did it dry and did pull off some skin, but it was like if I was exfoliating. I'm going to stick with this.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
for my face, only Gilette. at work I cut hair with both, disposable blades and straight razor.

I am just not patient enough to give it a whirl, heck, most of the time I shave with my clippers and leave some stubble
Me too... i keep the dome, stache and goat at a #1 with t he clippers and the hecks and neck with no guide. I clean up the edges with what ever disposable the wife has for her legs. I used to dry shave with a six month old Gillet sensor, probly for 10 years I bout 3 razors a year and just used em. Never really cared. shit goes out in 5 hours anyway.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
No freakin' way. Nope. Not gonna do it. My wife is a practical joker. She'd jump out of the shower or something to scare me and I'd slip my own throat.