What's new

Strange T52 issue!!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys, smoked my very first T52 today and unfortunately didn't make it past the first third. I've never had an issue like this before so I thought I would see what you guys thought the issue might be. So I got a T52 toro in a trade about a month ago and have been dying to smoke it ever since, today was the day!! So here's the weird part, I cut it and the draw was perfect, lit it up and everything started great, but then about a half inch in I couldn't get anything out of it, the draw was still good, not plugged or anything, but it was like smoking an unlit cigar, absolutely nothing coming out of it!!! I kept puffing on it hoping something would change and unfortunately it did not. I was so disappointed cuz I was looking forward to this stick for like a month!! This is the very first issue I have had with any LP stick, mind you I haven't had a ton of em but have definitely smoked a bunch. This certainly won't deter me from any LP products but just thought I would tell you all about it and see what your thoughts were.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Either it was wet or you got a bad cigar or it wasn't a T52. :)

I've smoked my share (and probably a few others) of T52s and never had this issue but one time because I got an overhumidified one from a store and smoke it too soon.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
never had this issue before with a Liga, but if you contact DE directly I'm sure they will gladly send you a replacement stick

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Sometimes you just get a bad cigar. I would not contact DE over one cigar, this is a hand made product and it happens from time to time.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I looked for holes and didnt see anything at all. And it was lit perfectly the whole time. It was in with the rest of my sticks at about 66% so I dont think it was over humidified. Just a strange one off situation that I doubt Ill encounter again.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Voids can happen (although rare in any DE product) but can usually releight with some gentle yet persistent pusuation from your torch.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
My Prognosis-
causation by a series of lvt's / low volumetric toke(s) perpetuated
by a hi crack / lo cut concentrate factor may be at fault.
or, off the record-
i'd bet the T52 just plain went out.
next time, try the old purge and relite trick ...

Thanks !

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I had the same issue with a T52 yesterday. The lit end was billowing smoke as normal but I was hardly getting anything on the draw. It may have been a little on the wet side, it was in my coolerdor, not my humidor. My solution was to run a piece of 16g wire 3/4 of the way through it. It took a couple minutes to get but after a few draws it smoked fine. That's the first issue I've ever had with a Liga and coincidentally the first I've taken straight from my coolerdor to smoke.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys, smoked my very first T52 today and unfortunately didn't make it past the first third. I've never had an issue like this before so I thought I would see what you guys thought the issue might be. So I got a T52 toro in a trade about a month ago and have been dying to smoke it ever since, today was the day!! So here's the weird part, I cut it and the draw was perfect, lit it up and everything started great, but then about a half inch in I couldn't get anything out of it, the draw was still good, not plugged or anything, but it was like smoking an unlit cigar, absolutely nothing coming out of it!!! I kept puffing on it hoping something would change and unfortunately it did not. I was so disappointed cuz I was looking forward to this stick for like a month!! This is the very first issue I have had with any LP stick, mind you I haven't had a ton of em but have definitely smoked a bunch. This certainly won't deter me from any LP products but just thought I would tell you all about it and see what your thoughts were.
Nick and I have had this experience twice in the last year and I agree it is very strange. What is stranger is in both cases we dissected the cigar and keep in mind we dissect cigars nearly every single work day to inspect the bunch construction, internal burns, placement of the tips, etc. etc, and in the case of both of these two sticks we honestly could not see anything wrong with them postmortem. I know I have spoke to about 4 or 5 other "real" cigar makers (real = someone that actually inspects, ferments, buys tobacco, blends, and can construct a cigar themselves plus really runs a factory) and have gotten a variety of opinions, but ultimately in the end nothing conclusive. It is very aggravating to say the least.

Leatherman, please email at saka@drewestate.com, reference this thread, so I can get you the replacement smoke you deserve.

BR,

STS

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nick and I have had this experience twice in the last year and I agree it is very strange. What is stranger is in both cases we dissected the cigar and keep in mind we dissect cigars nearly every single work day to inspect the bunch construction, internal burns, placement of the tips, etc. etc, and in the case of both of these two sticks we honestly could not see anything wrong with them postmortem. I know I have spoke to about 4 or 5 other "real" cigar makers (real = someone that actually inspects, ferments, buys tobacco, blends, and can construct a cigar themselves plus really runs a factory) and have gotten a variety of opinions, but ultimately in the end nothing conclusive. It is very aggravating to say the least.

Leatherman, please email at saka@drewestate.com, reference this thread, so I can get you the replacement smoke you deserve.

BR,

STS
Wow!! Thanks for taking the time to read this thread, it was certainly not my intention to gain compensation, but to gain some knowledge on what types of things can cause issues with cigars. I am still a new smoker so any knowledge I can gain is truly appreciated. To hear from the CEO himself is definitely cool and much appreciated.