What's new

Stratosphere Lighter by Xikar

SaltyDog

Stogie Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got my new black Xikar Stratosphere lighter in the mail today for the duration of my stay in Afghanistan. I have been using (and got pretty good with) long stick matches but I wanted something a little better. Back at home, I use a lot of Xikar cutters but my lights are either Black Ops triple-torch from a five-pack, single flame with the CI logo, or a zippo with a soft flame butane insert. What can you all tell me about the Stratosphere?

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
My stratosphere is the only light I use. It works perfectly.

I will give you my complaint with it. If it takes a while to light your cigar or you have to do a touch up fairly quickly off the initial light the button on mine gets very hot. To the point I use the cord that comes with it to hold the button down.

That doesn't happen very often. Mine is the black one so it might have something to do with it.

Other than great lighter for me.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
It was meant to work in high altitudes (think Colorado) but works fine at sea level too. Works well with smaller ring gauge cigars and touch-ups. I haven't had any problems with over heating yet however I haven't smoked anything over 52 rg lately. I like how you can put it in your pocket and let the cord hang out and just grab the cord for quick access.

I can see where the overheating may come from. I noticed the button is closer to the flame than most of my other lighters.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think a double torch is the best happy medium. Check out Xikar's new Vitara, it is one of the best well rounded dual flame lighters.