What's new

Strong/full cigar time

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
For those like me who smoke 99% medium cigars or mild cigars, when you get a hankering for a strong/full cigar, is there any particular time of day it happens?

And since we're on the subject anyway, and I may get some good ideas on something new to try, what's your favorite or go-to strong/full cigar?

For me, I noticed that most of the time, I want one at my first cigar of the day time around 9am. I rarely want or smoke one any other time of the day.

My main goto stronger cigars are the Oliva Serie V 's the majority of the time. Full/strong and very tasty, always well made, and reasonably priced

Eta: not really referring to strong on nicotine, more about flavor strength

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Starting the day with a full nicotine laden cigar is kind of the opposite of what I would expect. To me AM cigars are Connies. Oliva V is a pretty good place to be but in a similar price range are the Padron thousand series (2000, 3000 etc) It all depends on you palate and budget. Lots of us would consider the Oliva V on the lower end of the full scale. Melanio is a bit fuller and in my opinion a bit harsher.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Starting the day with a full nicotine laden cigar is kind of the opposite of what I would expect. To me AM cigars are Connies. Oliva V is a pretty good place to be but in a similar price range are the Padron thousand series (2000, 3000 etc) It all depends on you palate and budget. Lots of us would consider the Oliva V on the lower end of the full scale. Melanio is a bit fuller and in my opinion a bit harsher.
I'm a recently reformed 30 year, pack a day cigarette smoker, so the nicotine of any cigar is completely unnoticed to me.

Agree on the Olivas. They are barely full flavored range to me, but I don't care for anything very much stronger, and just love every oliva I've ever had.

Have had a few of the Padron thousand series, but not many and really can't recall anything about them other than I really enjoyed them.

My memory damage sucks when trying to remember much about what I smoke for very long.

And I didn't mean something very high in nicotine, I can understand not wanting ton of nicotine early in the morning

Was more referring to flavor/smoke strength. Should have probably been more clear about that...

Edited the OP to reflect I'm more referring to flavor strength vs nicotine, but strong nicotine lovers are certainly welcome

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Having tried hundreds of different cigars I make taking notes a part of the hobby. Big advantage when I'm trying to decide if I want to buy something again.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Having tried hundreds of different cigars I make taking notes a part of the hobby. Big advantage when I'm trying to decide if I want to buy something again.
I used to always take very good notes in my inventory app for each cigar, but have kinda fallen out of the habit. Really need to start doing it again. I do save what I like in my chrome bookmarks, so that works also

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I dig the master blend 3 if I’m in that mood. Lots of others. Jacobs ladder is a bit higher but a very good stronger cigar.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Foxx. I answered your question wrong. If I’m in the mood for a strong cigar it’s late night. Like after that I’m going to sleep.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Are you saying that you can go to bed after a strong cigar!
Yeah man. I can go straight to bed after a pretty strong one. My tolerance is pretty high I guess. I don’t always smoke super strong smokes but as a rule when I do it’s before bed

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yeah man. I can go straight to bed after a pretty strong one. My tolerance is pretty high I guess. I don’t always smoke super strong smokes but as a rule when I do it’s before bed
I guess it becomes a question of Strength vs Nicotine. Even a strong flavored / lower nicotine cigar delays bedtime for me, unless I'm flattened by half a bottle of Scotch.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used to do the same, didn’t matter if it was a Monte White or a Roma Craft Neanderthal. I‘d go straight to sleep and not wake up once until it was time. Now I’m on night shift and i lay awake for at least an hour before I nod out. I don’t smoke nearly as many since my schedule changed so many that has something to do with it.