What's new

Stumped on this one

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my brothers I have a good one for you. I have a 100 count glass top humidor and also a new air wineador. I haven't received the shelves from Forrest yet but will soon. I have 70% heartfelt beads in each. The wineador shows 70 dead 1 1/2 poundson and the humidor shows 66% 3/4 of a pound And 90% full of cigars. iI made sure the seal was good by using masking tape to make a tighter fit. I live in ny so the heat is on a lot. Do you guys think its the glass top. When I charge it it goes to 69% but loses its humidity and settles to 65 in like 4 days

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For about 3 months. At the beginning they were fine but now I can't get it to stay solid 70

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Not really answering your question, but I think you have a desireable problem. I'd use the humi as my 'working stock' as is. I'd MUCH rather pull a cigar from a 66RH to smoke today (or 63) than from a 70.

And, your intuition is probably correct. I've heard very often that glass-top desk-tops will rarely regulate as well as others.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know Dave but at 65 I pulled a cohiba out ans smoked it today and it was very dry that the wrapper started cracking. I might just re season it and let it says seasoning for 2 weeks instead in 3 days like I did

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
65 shouldn't dry out your cigars. Is your hygrometer correct?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I did the salt test and I also put them in a bad with the beads and they were smack at 70%

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Two things...Glass top can effect for sure and ALSO winter. Your house will suck up all the moisture during the dry season of winter and that means your Humi too. It may not be something you feel but it is there. If your heater doesn't have a humidifier on it you need to put one in the room where you keep your cigars.
Now if you live where the winter months have no effect then it's the glass.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has to be the humidor. I just finished my wineador and used the same beads and its solid at 69% humidity. I'm sending the humi back to Thompson cigar for a refund

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
It has to be the humidor. I just finished my wineador and used the same beads and its solid at 69% humidity. I'm sending the humi back to Thompson cigar for a refund
Your wineador is fully insulated so outside air effects wont hamper it's ability to maintain. Anything wood or breathable is fare game to the dry air. Good luck bro with the winador, sounds like it's going to be a nice set-up.