What's new

Stupid newb question

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Thank guys. I'll probably grab 2 this week and see where it goes.
If you can afford to drop the money, I'd really suggest trying to grab more if you could. The reason being that these need some age on them to really take off. You will thank yourself 2-5 years from now if you do. I've only had one with 5 years on it, but damn was it ever a great cigar. Smoking one fresh doesn't do it justice and quite frankly, I have had burn issues with the ones that I have smoked fresh. They are expensive but I plan on buying at least 5 a year to age. Same with the Anejo's. Not as impressive as some other people's collection no doubt but its a good starting spot. Also going to Vegas for my bachelor party this upcoming fall and plan on stopping at La Casa De Fuente to grab all the lanceros I can get my hands on. We'll see how that goes.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I don't know if I will ever have the will power (or stash of cigars for that matter) to keep my hands off of a cigar for 2-5 years....although I would love to. It would be the accomplishment of my lifetime if I make it happen. Maybe Ill just send some cigars to someone and hit them up a couple years down the road.."Hey you remember those stogies I left with you"....lol

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I don't know if I will ever have the will power (or stash of cigars for that matter) to keep my hands off of a cigar for 2-5 years....although I would love to. It would be the accomplishment of my lifetime if I make it happen. Maybe Ill just send some cigars to someone and hit them up a couple years down the road.."Hey you remember those stogies I left with you"....lol

Funny ALL mine are over 5 years old now. Guess that is what happens when you have coolers full of boxes then stop smoking them. I remember when starting with a single small humidor that did not work well became a cooler, then a wine cooler converted, then another cooler, then another......

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Would the Power Ranger be a good introduction to the Opus X line? I have a chance to grab a few and wanted a few opinions.

BTW that is not a dumb question MoldMan. If you do not ask you will never know. I say ALWAYS try for for yourself as people have different tastes. I can not tell you how many cigars other love I do not and vise versa. Smoke what you love and love what you smoke all that matters.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have heard the PR is a good one. Never had an old one and never tried one. They don't sell em around my area. Seems rare. I would pick up a bunch. I also heard they are strong so if you are not used to that then take your time and on a full stomach.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Tried one and liked it. ROTT wasn't to bad. I could see them getting better with age though and the Power Ranger falls with in my cigar budget. I'll pick up a few more eventually. I like the Anejo 46 maduros better though.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0

Funny ALL mine are over 5 years old now. Guess that is what happens when you have coolers full of boxes then stop smoking them. I remember when starting with a single small humidor that did not work well became a cooler, then a wine cooler converted, then another cooler, then another......
He's got a point. I just transitioned to a cooler. I'm on pace

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
That's actually not a bad idea nor as crazy as it may sound. I'd think a brother here would and could so that for you. Maybe do a split and then have em send you 2 a year so you can see the progress. I usually only smoke opus on New Years so I have some going on 3 and 4. The first one I'd ever had I thought was average. When I learned they needed time I tried it and just the first year made a huge difference. They're in a cooler now with ccs that I just don't even open because everything there is just chillin.