What's new

Suggestions requested on Torano 1916 cammie

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I bought a single torp a few weeks back and thoroughly enjoyed it. This week I picked up a 5ver of robustos and just got done with the 3rd one. I pull out other cigars from the humi but I find myself putting them back and reaching for the 1916. As I'm smoking it, I know I'm enjoying it but I just can't seem to put my finger on why! I contemplate the smoke and experience some subtle sweet flavor and also some very subtle bitter flavors but nothing that jumps out and hits me between the eyes. The mystique of this cigar haunts me so much that I'm thinking about getting a box of 25 torps but then I consider that I'm not sure why. My go to smokes are typically gurkha legends and 5 Vegas series A, but I definitely know what I like about them. Anyone have cigars that taunt them like this? Boy, this is frustrating!

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I also am a big fan of this cigar, especially after they sit for a while...6 months to a year is a real kick in smoothing them out further. I buy them a couple of boxes at a time, and smoke mostly the torps. It's a great morning cigar with coffee...in my opinion, it's the Cameroon wrapper. I'm a big Cammie fan. Of the cammie wrappers, this one is my favorite.

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
AZ,

Now that you mention it, these three were smoked in the a.m. with coffee. Maybe it's psychological but these guys keep calling my name. Do you think $80 is an okay price for a 25 box of torps?

Bsslack

So-Cal/Riverside
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A great smoke for Sure!

I'm partial to the PC's That's a Right Potent smoke and a good size to Boot. I have sometimes felt that the Churchill size was just a touch too much of the Profile in one sitting, but the Petite Corona was Spot on and as with all They just grt better with Age.

My 2 bits.

slack

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Torano 1916 is probably one of the first cigars I tried. I loved it, the two I smoked were small though, not sure of the exact size...

I bought a single torp a few weeks back and thoroughly enjoyed it. This week I picked up a 5ver of robustos and just got done with the 3rd one. I pull out other cigars from the humi but I find myself putting them back and reaching for the 1916. As I'm smoking it, I know I'm enjoying it but I just can't seem to put my finger on why! I contemplate the smoke and experience some subtle sweet flavor and also some very subtle bitter flavors but nothing that jumps out and hits me between the eyes. The mystique of this cigar haunts me so much that I'm thinking about getting a box of 25 torps but then I consider that I'm not sure why. My go to smokes are typically gurkha legends and 5 Vegas series A, but I definitely know what I like about them. Anyone have cigars that taunt them like this? Boy, this is frustrating!

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
ive only had 1 of the 1916's and just didnt care for it. this was when i first started getting into cigars and didnt really care for a Camaroon wrapper. mostly smoked maduros (mmmmmm...... maduros.....) but now that ive experienced more and more cigars and my taste buds are getting more refined, im gonna have to smoke the one 1916 i have buried in my humi and see if my opinion has changed. (i think its still in there at least)

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Man, I haven't smoked one of these in a long time. I think I still have some in the cooler though.

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
What size and where did you get them? Was this a one time bid price or an online store or B&M? I like the torps. I can't find them for less than $3.60/Each for a fiver.