What's new

Sultan Signature Review Thread

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ferry, do you have a price point on these?

Dan
I have the price calculation already, but would like to get your price sugestion and expectation guys :) We @sultan cigar are open to get any advise/suggestion.

Thanks again Dan.

FERRY

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wow, this signature stick has me intrigued.

Nice reviews everybody; really well done!

Yan, your english is great! What comes through loud and clear is your sincerity and commitment to your cigars. That means a lot a to me and I am sure most of us on here.

Well done, good luck, and I promise to post a review when I get some signature.

Ron owes me, like, 5grand from a drunken night at the roulette tables in Vegas, which he probably doesn't even remember! :)

He was drunk and once he and Zilla start smoochin, well, forget it! :rofl:
Thank you Sir.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Alright...now on to #2! The second one that I had the pleasure to try is the letter "A"! Here are the notes:

Pre-light: extremely similar to "B". Very strong smell and pre-light taste to it. A nice strong nutmeg and cinnamon flavor to it. Has a nice spice to the tip of the tongue. Just a great nice pre-flavor profile and cannot wait to fire it up.

1/3: The cigar starts off billowing nice clouds of white smoke right off the bat. The first few puffs have the spice on the lips but give not in the smoke. A very light flavored smoke right off the bat but within the first two to three puffs the true all star is still the wrapper. It has a bit of a sweetness to it but the flavor is still really coming from the wrapper. The taste and flavor continues to build as the third finishes. The build pretty much has a a flavor like your mouth has after eating a ginger bread cookie.

2/3: The second third starts out right where the first third finished off:) The flavor built up but has began to flatten out. There is still a lot of smoke but not a ton of flavor. There is a lot of hints of of sweetness and spice but nothing really coming out the front stage. Reminds me a lot like a young CCs..has a different up front flavor profile...but very similar in a lot of ways.

3/3: Spice is building up closer towards the end. The first set of flavors are starting to re-emerge as I had to remove the second band of the cigar. This spice on the tip of the tongue is very strong...a nice bit of black pepper coming through but not overpowering at all. The finish brought back a bit of the tea taste that I spoke about in the first review. This time it was not as strong and did not have that chia taste to it. Like a warm cup of tea flavor that came out in the original Sultan. Very nice change of pace from my normal smoke.

Overall impression: I think that A was a bit lighter than stick B. It still had that signature flavor profile that I have had in the past Sultan cigars...just a bit more meatier. It is still unlike any other cigar out in the market right now.

So far I am going to have to say B is on my top for the vote. That one did have a bit more body and flavor to it. But like I said in the review...reminded me of a young CC...would be interested in how she would be in a year or so...possibly even longer. Just my .02 though. Thanks for reading!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Great reviews & pics from a stellar group of Brothers! Unbelievable closeups, angles & information :thumbsup: Thanks

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
fired up A this afternoon. interesting that all three look fairly identical. good thing they are lettered.
i didn't notice much aroma at all when opening the bag. was surprised about that. the prelight draw was also very mild and a little tight. the stick itself was very firmly packed which probably affected the initial few puffs. there was minimal smoke and this continued throughout the first third.
then, it opened up. the draw was still firm, but now had a good amount of smoke and the flavor begin to come forward. the undertone was what i refer to as graphite. this is not bad flavor to me, just slightly mineral. this was offset by a more floral flavor. actually quite a nice combination. i would definitely call this a medium smoke. this was nice because it allowed the flavors to be enjoyed without an overpowering pepper kick.
the ash was solid and held for a long time. the burn was right on.
the last third continued on as the middle of the stick, and by the end, i was very glad to have tried it. this would be a very nice change of pace stick for those that want to break away from the nic powerhouses that predominate the market now.
i look forward to see how b and c compare to a.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Sultan Signature C Review

The construction of the Sutlan Signature (C) is very much the same as (A): solid, a little give, and draped in an oily wrapper that smells like peppered jerkey. Unfortunately, that's where the similarities end.

Right into the first third of the Signature (C) the draw was very tight and the flavors were extremely bitter. Its flavors were heavy on the leather, with just a sprinkle of spice, and a bitterness that just coated the mouth. I'd hoped the bitterness would go away going into the second third but it did not.

The Signature (C) did feature a better burn than the (A), but its flavors were less than enjoyable. As the cigar burnt the bitterness never seemed to go away, and on top of that the flavors were one dimensional. While smoking the (A) was a joy, smoking the (C) seemed like a chore. Were it not for the fact it had to be reviewed, I probably would've tossed it out after an inch into it.

Thus far, I found the Signature (A) to be leaps and bounds better than the (C). I haven't smoked the (B) yet, but it has to be better than (C).

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
lit up the B today. well constructed and smooth draw. didnt' seem to feel as hefty as the A did. lit easily and burned well.
compared to the A, this stick had a more grassy tone for me. more smoke output as well. strangely, there was some sort of an almost burned rubber aroma, not overpowering, but not especially pleasant. the flavor was right up front from start to finish. as it neared the end, it had a bit of a bitterness emerge. again, not dominant, but present. this one was not as smooth as the A was. for me, the A would have been about a 7 and this one more of a 5

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Dear all Brothers,

I would like to big thanks for everyone involved in this thread and helping us to reviewing and choose "the best one" to become sultan signature cigar. And i would like to thanks for your honest to share issues and give me some good input so far, i much appreciate it.

Happy to get lot of taste reviews here, can't wait to see the end of this test!

Let me explain the burn issues here, my opinion it was because of the aging process time. To be honest, these sticks released for tester group with only 3 months aging time from the normal time after rolling. YES YOU ARE RIGHT! It's not enough, the best aging time is 6 months to 1 year before to give them enough time for each leaves (filler, binder, wrapper) to be one stick.

Please ignore the burn issues, i am sure the issues will be fixed by the normal aging time before release. When the signature officially release to the market, they will be get enough aging time before release.

Thanks for our sultan cigar distributor (Mr. Shuckins) who made this thread open and running well.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Lit up A a little while ago. No real smell of anything out of the packy. Firm and heavy in the hand. Wrapper almost reminds me of a Cohiba Magicos Maduro wrapper except slightly ruffer and less oils(none). Cap looks good. Cut and draw was slightly tight but not a problem. Mineral notes present in the first inch along with very slight bitterness. Not much else except slight tobacco taste right now. 2nd third flavors are picking up but strength of body is still mild to medium. Mineral taste still present with some very slight cocoa coming thru. (like a very very mild Cohiba maduro. No spice present yet in the cigar as well.
End of 2nd the mineral taste is gone. Still light flavors of cocoa. Burn is slightly ruff with some wrapper showing a incomplete burn.
Last 3rd shows some leather but not much more. Not much ambient aroma as well. Definitely a lighter cigar as far a body. Mild-Medium at best. Looking forward to B and C. Not really a fan of the mineral taste but enjoyed the likeness of the Cohiba Maduro profile except lighter.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Nice, spicy smell on the wrapper of Signature stick (A), very oily and iridescent in the sun . . . the stick starting off with espresso and dark chocolate, a hint of black pepper on the finish, exploding after a few centimeters with a spice reminiscent of the kind I've come to associate primarily with LFDs, a cumin-chili powder ruddiness that I love and which defined the main part of the first third where, gradually, the thick chewy smoke began to acquire a hint of rye . . . the second third burying the espresso-chocolate spice under a layer of oak . . . a very nice, rustic combination, a wonderful bridge between the first few inches and the final third where the dark chocolate returned more assertively, the black pepper aromatics strengthening, that ruddy spice coming alive again toward the nub . . .

I'll be posting my notes on cigars (B) & (C) in the next couple of days––this one's gonna be hard to beat. . . .

Smoke time: one hour and fifty minutes . . .

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Sorry no pics, but thanks for the opportunity.

Sultan Signature C

Construction/Appearance-Firm throughout and has an attractive deep brown and oily wrapper, very nice to me. It has a big patch applied to the wrapper and little one.

Burn/draw-very good draw not perfect but very good, average burn line, not great but nothing to detract from the experience.

Flavor/Aroma- I usually don't find the pre-light aromas of a cigar worth mentioning; but this cigars wrapper has a very intriguing aroma mainly because the wrapper itself (not the foot). It is very potent and intoxicating.

1/3-Flavors include cocoa, espresso, hay also slightly grassy and woody. Flavors fade after initial light then reassert about a little later Aroma is very pleasant kind of fruity, dark fruit

2/3- Woodiness emerges with more emphasis other flavors remain. Aroma has a cocoa character now. It has a quality I can't describe as a flavor but more as dank as well

3/3-Espresso flavor is turning burnt/bitter but not overwhelming as a little sweetness creates balance

Smoke time 2:00

Overall- 8.6/10