What's new

Summer Grillin'

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
The house my wife and I bought is equipped with an attached gas grill on the deck. It's really a great feature and we've used it a few times since we moved in, but once the weather starts warming up more I think we'll start to use it more. I wanted to see what some of your favorite grill recipes are?? We love food in general and are always looking for new stuff to try. I'd be especially interested if anyone has any recipes or tips for grilling goat!

Dan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are literally thousands of good grill recipe books available.

Basically, well marbled (fatty grained) cuts are easy and lean cuts are difficult to keep from drying out, no matter what meat you are cooking. Goat kid is good BBQ'd (Cabrito) but will prove difficult to grill and still be tender and juicy. You would have to keep it wrapped in foil for the better part of cooking time.

I grill most thick steaks at 450-500. Cook a beef steak fast and hot and do not use a fork. Always, always use a tongs or burger spatula to keep from puncturing the meat.

My name's Bobby Flay and I challenge you to grill some rib-eyes and tenderloins.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
first i take a steak...then i put salt and pepper on it. sit for 10 minutes, put on high heat coals, for 3 minutes a side. DONE..bloody

Ed Monton

Sir Winston
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I've been watching the snow melt on the deck and thinking the same thing. I can't wait to barbecue again!!

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
ribby's wings...on a gasser

take large wings and clean them up, wash, dry and cut off wing tips.

put in a large bowl with some olive oil a couple tablespoon fulls.

season with garlic powder, mustard powder, a little kosher salt, a little cayenne powder, either some achiote powder or paprika powder and some oregano. stir about and repeat.

heat grill to 400 degrees.

arrange wings on cleaned/oiled grill bottom side down.

cook, flipping regularly with the lid open. until the wings blister and are fully cooked(how long depends on the wings you have.) the should pull apart easily when done.

either clean the same bowl, or choose another large bowl, and toss cooked wings in.

now you have a lot of options. you can eat these wings as they are, or, add a little hot sauce and some butter, and toss and eat, or add your favorite bbq sauce(I recommend sweet baby ray's) or toss with some wing sauce.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Nice little trick is to take your favorite steak and marinate it in some coke for about 45 min - one hour.....and then season how ya like..........

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
i'd suggest scrolling through this food forum...there's tons of threads with loads of pictures...some of em are even mine!

Rating - 100%
99   0   1
Guys don't forget about grilling you sides too. i love grilled asparagus with olive oil and sea salt finished with a little balsamic and parm reggianno. Also pre boil potatoes and oil them up and grill or corn on the cob. Shit I even grilled some brocoli one night. Anything can pretty much go on the grill as long as proper technique is used. I'll try to dig out some favs and pm them over to you.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Guys don't forget about grilling you sides too. i love grilled asparagus with olive oil and sea salt finished with a little balsamic and parm reggianno.
mmmmm... I usually just marinate mine with italian dressing. But, I'm going to try this next time :thumbsup:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And don't stop with sides... Cut an Asian Pear in half, scoop out the core and grill it face down. Makes a great edible dessert bowl for your favorite ice cream. I love the carmelized grill lines on the face.

All this talk is making me hungry. I'm firing up the grill tonight! Can't beat California weather.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I love grilling halved fresh figs. And spooning marscopone cheese and drizzling honey over them while they are cooling. My grandparents had 3 fig trees in their backyard growing up so I ate this on a regular basis. It still brings back memories of being a kid.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Well I too can not wait for Summer Grilling, however I have been grilling in the snow all winter.

I usually plow the driveway, take care of the walkway and them the back patio where the grill is

Oh and Smores on the grill are food too.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Guys don't forget about grilling you sides too. i love grilled asparagus with olive oil and sea salt finished with a little balsamic and parm reggianno. Also pre boil potatoes and oil them up and grill or corn on the cob. Shit I even grilled some brocoli one night. Anything can pretty much go on the grill as long as proper technique is used. I'll try to dig out some favs and pm them over to you.
Cool, I cook pretty much the same asparagus recipe except I substitute fresh lime juice as my acid instead of the balsamic. I'll be tryin' the vinegar next time around.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I love grilling halved fresh figs. And spooning marscopone cheese and drizzling honey over them while they are cooling. My grandparents had 3 fig trees in their backyard growing up so I ate this on a regular basis. It still brings back memories of being a kid.
Damn. That sounds great.

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
You gotta try Beer Butt Chicken! Get yourself a stainless steel rack...

Season the chicken inside and out with garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne and whatever spices you like. Drink 1/3 of the beer and set can in rack. Set chicken over can in rack and get yourself another beer.

I cook mine from 2 - 2.5 hours and the meat falls off the bone!

If you want to speed up the process, bake a foil-wrapped chicken in your oven for 30 minutes then finish on the grill for 30-45 mins.

Get some sweet corn and butter generously. Wrap a slice or two of bacon around corn, barber pole style, season and wrap in foil. Cook approx 1-1.5 hours. Open foil a bit during last 15-20 minutes if you want a bit of smoke flavor!