What's new

Sunglasses

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
What say y'all? I just had to go out and purchase new shades for myself and the wife. On my part, I...uh...misplaced mine. On my wifes? Well...she left them on the back of her truck, need I say more?

We both got polarized lenses. I went with Oakleys. The wife with Maui Jims. M.J. has some excellent customer service. The wife's glasses were 7+ years old when the passed away and still going strong.

What do you wear and why?

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I constantly lose or break mine, so I've started just using cheapie $10 ones.
I did borrow some Ray Bans from a friend of mine and they were incredible. Everything just seemed to pop out.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Maui Jim's are great glasses. I have revo's, just liked the style of them and they work great.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've been wearing RayBan aviator style sunglasses for most of the past 15 years. In fact, during most of it I only went through two pair. When the second pair broke about a year ago, I didn't feel like plunking down $50-60 so I got two pair of RayBan Ripoffs from Walmart at $16 each and they've been fine.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Ashy said:
Maui Jim's are great glasses. I have revo's, just liked the style of them and they work great.
Yep, 90% of sunglasses is personal style preference. I would have gone the Maui Jim way but none of their glasses looked right on my face.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
My wife needed to send back her last pair for something...can't remember....about 4-5 years into having them, and when they sent them back they had totally reconditioned them. Including replacing the "arms"(?).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wear some cheap $20 pair of FosterGrant. I use them for a couple of reasons. One, I always lose them and it is cheaper to replace them (atleast 1-2 pair a yr). I used to buy Oakleys but, after you lose or leave a couple pair somewhere it hurts the wallet. Secondly, up here in Michigan the sun can be as rare as an Opus X Football. LOL!

I have been eyeing a pair of Maui Jim's but, I couldn't forgive myself if I lost them. They are very nice though

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I prefer Oakleys. I'm on my second pair and the only reason for the change was because one of the arms finally broke after 5 years on my old pair of Twentys. The new ones have interchangeable lenses, which is great for the shooting sports and softball I've been playing lately.

dmoby

Boli Whore
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Maui Jim- Lenses rock, and they stand behind their glasses- Had a pair for three years and the lenses had it, mailed to there service center and for $68 dollars they replaced the whole sunglasses ($300) and not just the lenses.

Sean9689

Mr. Papagiorgio
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I'm addicted to Sunglasses as well...my current pair are Chrome Hearts. They run from $500/pair and up. I purchased my first pair at the Forum Shops in Vegas, ran me $600. Most people think it's stupid to pay this much for sunglasses, but I had to have them (most people think it's stupid to smoke cigars, as well...hehe). Available in very few places...

http://www.chromehearts.com/