What's new

Super Moon 2013

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Pretty sweet I actually laid in the pool enjoys a stick and watched her right overhead it was pretty intense.

Sent from my Tapatalk 2 using iPhone. Bahahahaha ass backwards.

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Peter,

Do you use a DSLR when you captured the moon. Do you shoot in jpeg+raw? Do you use you camera on full manual or do you use some of the auto settings to get these images. Just interested in what settings your camera was in 6400 iso or higher? I live near a marina w/ a light house and thought it would be cool to capture some night shots of it.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I almost always shoot with a DSLR unless I know the place I'm shooting in will give me problems bringing a professional camera in. In those cases, I shoot with a hybrid Sony HK100 (dslr quality but no removable lens).

The pics of the moon were shot with a Sony a65 in jpeg mode (forgot to switch it to raw). I almost always use manual modes as I have more control over the image. Here are the settings:

Lens length: 135mm
Exposure: 1/5 sec. @ 5.6 w/ EV set at +2
ISO: 800
Some shots used the built-in magnifier at 2x.

The skies were overcast with an occasional break. There was some surrounding ambient light (street and building lights). I did do some post-production in Lightroom to clean them up a bit because of the cloud cover. I thought about going with a higher ISO but noise would have been a factor. I'd say go for it in terms of taking some lighthouse shots at night. Wouldn't shoot when the light comes right at you but I'm sure you can get some really great shots.

d-boy

Zach Emerson DeBoy
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Here was a picture I took the following night (which I thought was even better) I had a cigar in my hand and was just looking at it amazed lol. ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374278005.775707.jpg