What's new

Sweet lookin' deal at CI

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
How do these compare to the regular Sungrowns?

I won a fiver of PCs a wek ago and have not smoked any yet.
Beware that CI is know for "finding" large lots of treasure in cigar manufacturers warehouses that are similar to the main event. You have to ask yourself...Hmmmm if this was a best selling cigar, why would it still be sitting? Oh they got busy selling the other cigars. I'm not saying they wont be good, just Buyer beware.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
No doubt.

Just wondering how they compare because I love the red band SGs and sweet deals.

Less then $3 a cigar is always a good deal in my book. :thumbsup:

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Chuck has a good point, but i have not had them so I cannot speak from experience but under 3 a stick is a nice deal..

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I smoked one right after I got my first order from cbid. Tasted like grass. Then I realized I hadn't checked the humidity on it and felt the others, they were almost brittle, so I'm sure the taste issue was from the lack of humidity. Since then I gave one to our host at A.S.S. He loved it so much he keeps asking for more. I might have to order some.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
i really don't need any more cigars right now so i think i'll pass this time around...unless i'm convinced otherwise in the next few minutes.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Well the deal's expired but I wouldn't buy it anyways.

Chuck hit it on the nose about it sitting for a reason and the reason is probably due to a blend change after production started. Now what to do with all those close-out cigars? Send them to CI, there they will create a frenzy with a one day deal at a price that won't hurt the wallet.

So what happens when you get the shit stick?

You chock it up to "Not bad for a cigar under three bucks."

That's the line that keeps CI in business selling the shit sticks on a one day deal.

moral of the story:
A gilded turd is still a turd.

definition of guilded said:
Main Entry: 1gild
Pronunciation: 'gild
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): gild&#183;ed /'gil-d&d /; or gilt /'gilt/; gild&#183;ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English gyldan; akin to Old English gold gold
1 : to overlay with or as if with a thin covering of gold
2 a : to give money to b : to give an attractive but often deceptive appearance to c archaic : to make bloody
- gild&#183;er noun
- gild the lily : to add unnecessary ornamentation to something beautiful in its own right

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Well the deal's expired but I wouldn't buy it anyways.

Chuck hit it on the nose about it sitting for a reason and the reason is probably due to a blend change after production started. Now what to do with all those close-out cigars? Send them to CI, there they will create a frenzy with a one day deal at a price that won't hurt the wallet.

So what happens when you get the shit stick?

You chock it up to "Not bad for a cigar under three bucks."

That's the line that keeps CI in business selling the shit sticks on a one day deal.

moral of the story:
A gilded turd is still a turd.
I mean try it if you want guys. Far be from me to stop you. I just pass along amny years and dollars spent on CI specials that sounded wonderful. I probably threw out 200 cigars. Life's too short. SMoke the good stuff.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I mean try it if you want guys. Far be from me to stop you. I just pass along amny years and dollars spent on CI specials that sounded wonderful. I probably threw out 200 cigars. Life's too short. SMoke the good stuff.

Quoted for truth :peace:

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Man...I hope you don't think I was making you sound mean in my quote Chuck. I'm a little pissed that CI pushes that crap off on us because they can make a buck off of it.

If nothing else they'll turn out to be good mooch sticks, yard gars, science experiments, etc..etc..

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Man...I hope you don't think I was making you sound mean in my quote Chuck. I'm a little pissed that CI pushes that crap off on us because they can make a buck off of it.

If nothing else they'll turn out to be good mooch sticks, yard gars, science experiments, etc..etc..
Not at all. I read the descriptions, bought the "once in a lifetime" deals. I dont anymore. My favorite was the Panther. Here was a "lost" cigar that was seven years old, aged in the box. Look at that yellow cello. Wow. You know. If you age a dog rocket for seven years...you get a seven year old dog rocket. There may be buys out there. There may be surprises. I have spent a lot of money looking for that great $2.00 cigar. I havent found it. But I have smoked a lot of great cigars from good rollers. I think you get what you pay for.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I smoked one today...they called it a PC but it was more of a TPC size.

It was good but the regular RP Sungrown I have tried was much better.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
CI Has a new special today. A Gurkha Black label pre-release. Now this usually gets my attention rather than lost cigars. ( Sigh. I never learn)

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
The CI Outbox is a veritable wizard's hat capable of producing eye-popping cigar deals seemingly at will. In fact, most of these specials should come with disclaimer language like a pharmaceutical company commercial. "Achtung: massive CI savings may result in spontaneous euphoria, prolonged ecstasy, heightened bliss, or permanent tranquility."
Last month a notable new arrival landed at CI: the Gurkha Black Puro. This is a lovely small-batch cigar that utilizes the Dominican's finest tobaccos to produce an intoxicating array of bold, silky-smooth flavors. This week's offer is 20 burly 6"x52 Toros packed in mazos for only $59.99. That, my friend, is pretty sweet.

All the tobaccos in the Gurkha Black Puro originate from the Dominican Republic. The oily maduro wrapper is from the top priming, sporting a glossy appearance and thick, toothy texture. Underneath is a patiently aged blend of long-fillers from the Dominican's Cibao River Valley. Put them together and the result is ample richness and complexity, mouthwatering aroma, soothing hints of mocha, and even a faint touch of pepper, all which complements the toasty, coffee-like core. It burns slowly and methodically, producing a well-balanced smoke down to the finger-burning nub.
Medium to full-bodied.

This is a "pre-release" offer while they last. At just 3 bucks a stick, I'd be light on my feet and order up one of these bad boys stat.

Due to limited quantities, limit of 2 per customer please.

CI email deal: $59.99