What's new

Sweetened tips

What do you think about sweetened tips?

• Never, no time, no how.

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • It depends on the cigar ... there is a time and a place.

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Love 'em.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Never tried a cigar with a sweetened tip.

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've just tried my third cigar with a sweetened tip. This time it was a La Fontana Vintage Belicoso. I have to say I'm 0/3. The cigar itself wasn't bad, but I couldn't get over the sweetened tip. What do you guys think about sweetened tips?

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I talked with the rep from Camacho about the sweetened tip on this cigar. They don't actually sweeten them by dipping them in sugar water. It is actually the pectin or glue that they use on the cigar that gives it the sweet flavor.

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
For a "yard-gar" I don't mind smoking a Baccarat...It's a guilty pleasure...But honestly, no flavored smokes (acids) for me! Perfumed cigars as I call 'em....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried many of the Acid cigars and some of the DE Naturals. The DE Naturals I thought were disgusting. The sweet tip worked all right with some of the Acids, I think the Cold Infusion Tea is a light refreshing smoke. I am fairly impressed with Earthiness, a rich and creamy medium bodied cigar it remains consistent for the first half and then grows in complexity and spice in the second half. I haven't really been wowed by any of the other Acids I've tried...and I tend to try and lick most of the sugar and spit it out before I begin so its not so prevalent. I pick up an Earthiness now and again for a change of pace.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I talked with the rep from Camacho about the sweetened tip on this cigar. They don't actually sweeten them by dipping them in sugar water. It is actually the pectin or glue that they use on the cigar that gives it the sweet flavor.
Christian Eroa was making a swing through CA with his rep and handed out La Fontanas at the B&M. He warned us all of the sweet tip and then showed where to cut on the cigar to remove it. I thought it was very odd as he says he really likes the blend of this cigar as I really like Camacho Dipolmas but this cigar was a loser. IMO.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I've never had one. When I go to the B&M I'll pick either one of those or a Kahula cigar for my dad because he likes to chew on them.

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Listen, you'll have to excuse me. I have a lunch meeting with Cliff Huxtable at the Four Seasons in 20 minutes.

Yeah, its my favorite movie. :applause:
Awesome :rolling: :rolling: I just saw that again the other night on Starz, God I love that movie!

"Not the table!, put the spoon in the carton"

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I can not rember what it was but I did have a cigar the other week and the tip was a little sweet. It was not a flavored cigar, since I have never bought one. It was a good cigar.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Personally, if I want something with a sweet tip, I'll buy a lollipop or a Popsicle. For me, the sweetness should be natural and from the tobacco. That said, smoke what ya like and like what you smoke.:cool:

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I see no need to try sweetened tips as I enjoy the natural tobacco in cigars as is. The flavored ones smell terrible before smoking, so I never would try one.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
don't believe i've had a flavored-tip... i really enjoy a glass-tubed gurkha, infused with luis XIII cognac! great, great smoke - maybe twice a year!

what about dipping your cigar tip in cognac, whiskey,... scotch? never done it, heard about it...???