What's new

Taboada - BGM blend

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
This was a beautiful dark and oily lonsdale rolled by Taboada himself in July 2006. The blend requested was that of the Bolivar Gold Medal. Having smoked a few new production BGM's myself, I knew that this wouldn't be the same. After tonight, I'm not so sure that's a bad thing.

The stick was 6.5x42. No soft spots nor overly hard and inspecting the foot it revealed a neatly rolled bunch. Clip was easy and the resulting draw was perfect. The nose was leathery tobacco with a twinge of cocoa. I knew I was in for a treat. Lighting was easy enough and the first draw was pure sweet earth with a little pepper. The flavors danced around sweet cocoa, earth, potting soil, white pepper and leather. Overall, the cigar was medium bodied with a long finish. It wasn't a complex cigar, but the profile was satisfying enough for the length of the cigar that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

In comparison with the BGM, the BGM is much more peppery and harsh. This cigar eliminated the harshness and wasn't as full bodied as the BGM. This is what I would expect the BGM to be in 10 years time. All in all, a fantastic cigar!!!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Great review.

I had one of these at a past herf. Probably one of the better Tabbys I have had.

Great taste,consruction and burn.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Hell, Clemens has been semi-retired for a couple years now. No spring training, shows up in June and doesn't travel everywhere with the team. He's almost a tele-commuting pitcher.