What's new

tadpole...from the city of wind

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
hey everyone!
ive had an account for a while now. i originally found this forum when doing searches on how to properly store cigars... but i figure it is time i use it for more than lurking.

my name is tadpole (Chaz, in real life), and i have been enjoying premium cigars for roughly one and a half years. i have 3 good buds to enjoy cigars with pretty regularly...if not, then i burn a stick while walking my pup.

looking forward to joining in on the conversations!

(now... to update my profile...)

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Welcome to the pond, tadpole. Tell us some more about what you like to smoke and where you like to smoke. There are a few other Brothers here from Chicago as well.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
well, well, well... look who's on the board, glad to see your intro bro

so this tadpole fellow, who claims to be my bud, just bought a newair aw-281e not too long ago and thinks he'll be fine without some shelves.

do we think that's good enough?

---

go check out: johnswoodworks (john nelson)

- 2 of 3

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
And it looks like I'm the second of the Chicago brothers to say "welcome". We actually have a pretty active group here who like to meet every month or two. You're both welcome and encouraged to join us (bring your buddies) at the herfs!
What part of the city are you in?

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Welcome to the site Tadpole, guess you already know how crazy these dudes are so I don't have to warn you. Oh and how can you resist the work on those shelves and drawers to not buy some?

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Rupe here...breaker of wind.

Welcome to the forum man. I live in Minnesota but get to Chicagoland fairly often and try to meet up with some of the locals whenever I can. Let's get together and smoke some time!

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

as far as location, i am close to ohare airport. there is a new cigar lounge in my area - havana joes in mt prospect - that i frequent. when meeting with my buds we usually meet at humidor in westmont, as it seems to be the central location. when the weather is nice, i try to avoid the smoke lounges and just smoke outside.

as @FullyArmedFISD stated, i caved and got a wineador when my desktop humi (250 count) filled up. (i swear the count for humidor capacity is for virginia slims, not cigars!)
@Jesse - thanks for the warning! as for the shelves, they look awesome, but i dont know why im not pulling the trigger. being new, i kinda feel like i should spend the loot on sticks, not storage. it would be like spending all your money on a wallet. im fine stacking boxes - for now =)

and NO - i havent bought any boxes, unless you count the empties that you get at a B&M for a buck. i buy those for storage.
as for what sticks i enjoy, most of stuff i have tried is from samplers (usually from cbid). i tend to lean more towards the medium-full to full end of the spectrum, but there are quite a few medium sticks that have been tasty.
my go-to budget sticks are man-o-war ruinations and side projects as well as diesels (probably dog rockets in most of your eyes... remember im new!). some of the other sticks that i really like are...
liga t52 and 9
gurkha cellar reserve
jaime garcia
almost anything by crowned heads and tatuaje (thanks to @FullyArmedFISD)
ive tried only one liga unico - the A - when we met jonathan drew around halloween.

i dont like sticks that leave an overwhelming bad taste in your mouth. im intrigued in the flavor transitions different sticks have while you smoke them.