What's new

Taking cigars OUTSIDE the US

Ducati

Monster.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi folks.

I used the search - can't seem to find the right combination of words, but couldn't get any results either way.

My family and I will be going to Mexico (Playa del Carmen) for vacation in February. I've scoped out the resort and they have a cigar shop/lounge, which is *great*. However, their prices are ridiculously high - $25+ for sticks routinely selling in the $7-9 range here.

I bought a 20pc Xikar travel humidor yesterday, but I never even thought about the ramifications of bringing cigars outside of the US. We all know and have heard of horror stories with people bringing stuff inbound, but I want to bring my smokes there to enjoy while I'm relaxing.

Anyone have any issues bringing your cigars/tobacco outside of the US while traveling?

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I've been to Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua & Gran Caymen (UK?). I've never once had a problem with cigars. I always travel with a 30ct Cigar Caddy; usually filled!
Best of luck (though I am 99.9% sure you won't need it)

Hi folks.

I used the search - can't seem to find the right combination of words, but couldn't get any results either way.

My family and I will be going to Mexico (Playa del Carmen) for vacation in February. I've scoped out the resort and they have a cigar shop/lounge, which is *great*. However, their prices are ridiculously high - $25+ for sticks routinely selling in the $7-9 range here.

I bought a 20pc Xikar travel humidor yesterday, but I never even thought about the ramifications of bringing cigars outside of the US. We all know and have heard of horror stories with people bringing stuff inbound, but I want to bring my smokes there to enjoy while I'm relaxing.

Anyone have any issues bringing your cigars/tobacco outside of the US while traveling?

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Leaving tomorrow for a vacation and will let you know how it works out. I am bringing a 30 count with a tube of beads. Hopefully the beads make it through, that is my biggest worry. Enjoy your vacation!!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be alright. I haven't heard of any problems leaving with cigars. Coming back should be no problem considering you aren't trying to bring back any cc

maestrobasser

@maestrobasser
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ran into this flying into Cancun this past July; they are now xraying all bags coming into customs there; when my 30ct caddy went through, they did ask what it was; I told them it was cigars to which they wanted to know how many etc... so while I don't think you'll have any issues, there is some chance of getting questioned about it.

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Yeah you can only take 25 per person into mexico. we usually take 30ish and that is fine between my wife and I.

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
My wife and I travel all over the world, and I take my 50count with me, and have never had a problem. I have never even had an issue coming back with said cigars. The only exception was Canada, and even then it was not a real issue. The guy told me since I was not a Canadian citizen and had less than the alloted amount I was fine. Have a great trip.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I do know that when they xray your bag they can actually see through the plastic on your travel humi and can see exactly what's inside. So if you are asked about it don't lie about it.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Just remember to take enough but not a ton like 40 for a 7 day trip. Because what ever you smoke can be replaced by unbanded goodies if you feel like stoping at a LCDH while there(even though expensinve.)

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
you'll be fine man, they shouldnt give you any trouble..and if they do, just slap them upside the head

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been down to Playa several times.. I stayed at a few places with cigar rooms/stores... I ended up taking my own. had no issues (stayed at the Excellence hotel a few times)

Going to Cancun in a few weeks and will be taking cigars down then too!