What's new

Taking the plunge

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well - this board has already cost me a fortune in cigar expenditures - now I am ordering a coffe press from black dog. Since I'm in need of yet another continuing habit - what coffee would those of you who drink black dog recommend starting out with - I generally drink a fairly strong coffee in the morning.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
oh, and by the way, sorry to hear, but glad to hear at the same time. Brian is a very bad man...watch out for the Black Dog!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Yep. The Ethiopian Horses ass. Its the best.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I've never been disappointed with any of Brian's coffee. I just got 4 lbs. in yesterday. I was planning on gifting some, but now I'm not sure.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
The Ethiopian is definitely one of the most popular but most don't consider it a "strong" coffee. It's a lighter roast but has a very complex, layered flavor profile.
The Sumatra is the darkest roast of the current offerings and has a bold, earthy flavor. This one is popular with people who are used to the coffees from the big chain shops. It's not roasted as dark as those though, since I feel they burn the best stuff out of the coffee.
If you're new to single origin coffees, I'd recommend that you start with the Guatemala Huehuetenango. It's a medium roasted coffee with a flavor profile that is more recognizable to many folks who have grown up on Central/South American coffees but I think you'll find it to be richer and much more flavorful.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Eric:
On your next order, try some of the 2oz sampler, my last order, I got one of each, great way to try all the coffee he has......yummie