What's new

Talk me out of a Seiko SKX009K2

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Looking to take my plunge into my first real watch. Still inexpensive, comparatively, but seems like a solid timepiece to own. I already have a garbage Timex I have no qualms about beating up, but I'd like something a little nicer that can go with my finer attires.

Any reason I shouldn't pick one up?

Image for those unfamiliar:

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I've been looking for two days now at a SNKL41. Want to put a blue second hand and a black leather band. Never realized they were this inexpensive.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
They make great watches for the price, I am also a fan of citizen watches as well in roughly the same market. For a slightly higher price point the Citizen eco drive and atomic lines are solid as well. I wear booth brands regularly.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
If you are buying a legit $1k watch for $300 though, not some marked up "Gurkha-MSRP" type watch.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Yeah, I agree. I think Tissot fits the legit category though. What do you consider the "Ghurka" of watches? Just curious.
I was going with the huge msrp but always 80 percent off like Gurkha thing. I would not begin to offer my opinion on what the Gurkha of watches is.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got into watches a few years ago and it can be just as addicting as anything else...cigars, booze, etc. I probably have about 17 watches now of all sorts and my favorites are not what many would consider great watches...ANDROID has some really great watches when on sale and they run and run and run and I can be rough on watches. High end watches like Tags or Rolex do look nice but I end up wearing those infrequently...I'd much rather wear something that looks great and can take a pounding. The Androids can be had for 50% off at times...just get on their email notifications and see some of their sales...great watches. Below are just a few of what I have....so far.

Van

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for the same price I could get a box of COHIBA SIGLO Vs or some Montecristo No. 2 or maybe even something nicer. Basically when I have watch money it goes up in flames. I've probably smoked 4 or 5 nice watches by now hehe.

Plus I would always pick a nice fake watch with real cigars than the other way around hehe

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
for the same price I could get a box of COHIBA SIGLO Vs or some Montecristo No. 2 or maybe even something nicer. Basically when I have watch money it goes up in flames. I've probably smoked 4 or 5 nice watches by now hehe.

Plus I would always pick a nice fake watch with real cigars than the other way around hehe
Funny how we tend to think like this....spending money on one vice and then thinking how we can spend it elsewhere and while I have more than enough watches for 4 lifetimes it's the same with cigars. I wish I had all that money back that I've spent on both vices but then....it's all about quality of life and where you want to direct your money in that direction...a little of everything?