What's new

Tampa, FL Poker-Smoke

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Ok folks, so the wife is away next week.

Do I have anyone interested in say a Friday night or Saturday get together?

Good smokes, good drinks, good company and maybe some friendly poker?

Fresh50

Here to Learn and Burn!!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will actually be there after I leave Biloxi, MS on Thursday. Let me know what day you are lookin at. I bought a ton of stix I need to put a dent in them before I go back to the Wife.:bouncetau

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Ben,

Either Friday or Saturday. Even if nothing comes together, I'd love to get together for a smoke. Keep me posted on your itinerary. :thumbsup:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Hmmm...I'll shoot off a PM or two to some of the FL bro's who may not have been on...but yeah, looking kinda bare at the moment. Still have some time...

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Friday would have to be in the evening as I'm working, but Saturday should be OK. Might need to be a tad later than noon as I have plans to go shooting in the morning. I've sent PMs to a couple of other local bro's to see if they are interested in getting together.

Come on folks, where's the rest of the BOTL Florida contingent for cryin' out loud?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
OK, that's two:

Fresh50 and Pharmgator.

Saturday sounds like it will work out best for all involved. Jon (Pharmgator) doesn't get off of work until 8pm on Friday which would make any get-together fairly late. Let me know what you guys think of say a 2 pm get-together? I can do later, up to you guys. If we get any more people and everyone wants to play some poker this will be out on the Florida room at my house, if we don't get anymore people and you guys just want to smoke we can either keep it at my house or hit one of the cigar bars locally. Let me know your preference.

Fresh50

Here to Learn and Burn!!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, I'm in Spring Hill now and found out my Mother planned a dinner with my Grandparents on Sat @ 4:00. So a 2pm meetup really doesnt work for me. Could we meet up at King Corona cigar bar in Ybor or Cigar Castle in Tampa on Fri? Or just push the Sat meetup back to the evening. Sorry for the late notice but it was a "suprise":innocent: .

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Oh man, I can't help but just laugh about this. Tampa get togethers are just cursed, I'm telling you! :rofl:

Ben, either one of those works for me. Saturday evening actually works better than early afternoon for me anyway. I know Jon (Pharmgator) doesn't get off work until fairly late on Friday...not sure if the Friday evening at Cigar Castle (sorry, I don't get anywhere near Ybor on the weekends or in the evenings) will work for him. I'll shoot a PM his way in case he isn't checking this thread and see what works best for him.
We'll figure out something.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
We could always go to the dogtrack for their 6:30 multi-table tourney ($65) if we can't get poker going amongst ourselves. Or we could just go smoke...either way and I'll be happy :)

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Jon, if we do Saturday evening, you are both welcome at my house where I will be more than happy to set up a shorthanded game as well as supply some accompanying libations. :thumbsup:

The dogtrack doesn't allow smoking and I'd like to have a smoke with the two of you. Cigar Castle has that poker table in their member area. I'm not a member, but hey.

Fresh50

Here to Learn and Burn!!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like Sat is the best for me. I'm going to the Rays game vs Yankees tonight. I think my Dad might be interestd in a game on Sat if thats ok.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
The more the merrier Ben. What time Saturday night works for everyone? Do you guys just want to come to my place?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Well, as these things tend to go (I told you my get togethers were cursed, didn't I?), Jon can't make Saturday evening. I can't commit to anything until around 2pm and Ben has a 4pm commitment, so things are falling apart quickly. Jon, it looks like you and I may just need to get together at the dogtrack in the near future for a game bro'. Ben, I'm PMing you with my phone number. Give me a call tomorrow afternoon and we can work out details.